Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have a few questions about the JA Voice component. Some may have already been fixed in a recent JA Voice update, but I won’t know unless I ask.

1. Can the search have the option to use ANDs or ORs? It seems like it only uses an OR search and that’s not really the best way to go about it.

2. Can you tag your posts somehow? It’d be nice if users could tag their posts and then have the search check the tags as well. I feel like it would be much easier for users to find what they need if there was a search like this.

3. Can users edit/delete their own posts? I tested this myself and it didn’t seem like I could. We are using NoixACL on our site and are using custom groups for our users. I saw the option in the JA Voice backend for registered users editing their posts, but we use a group called partner for our registered users. Is this why this doesn’t work properly or is there something else wrong with it?

I think that’s all that I have right now. I hope to hear from someone soon!

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@directive 190501 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have a few questions about the JA Voice component. Some may have already been fixed in a recent JA Voice update, but I won’t know unless I ask.

1. Can the search have the option to use ANDs or ORs? It seems like it only uses an OR search and that’s not really the best way to go about it.

2. Can you tag your posts somehow? It’d be nice if users could tag their posts and then have the search check the tags as well. I feel like it would be much easier for users to find what they need if there was a search like this.

3. Can users edit/delete their own posts? I tested this myself and it didn’t seem like I could. We are using NoixACL on our site and are using custom groups for our users. I saw the option in the JA Voice backend for registered users editing their posts, but we use a group called partner for our registered users. Is this why this doesn’t work properly or is there something else wrong with it?

I think that’s all that I have right now. I hope to hear from someone soon!</blockquote>

Hi,

Please see my comments as below:

1. In order to search using ANDs, you can use double quote, for instance: if you type: “Find this one”, the system will find out the voices containing ‘the text in double quote exactly.

2. I have reported to our development team and we will plan to deploy it in coming releases.

3. Please give me your ftp account for closer check.

directive Friend

*removed by user*

Anonymous Moderator

Hi guy,

please send ftp and admin account to the ticket ID 51520 for our further help.

directive Friend

Where can I find that ticket? I looked at the tickets under my account and did not find that particular ticket.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@directive 191437 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where can I find that ticket? I looked at the tickets under my account and did not find that particular ticket.</blockquote>

Hi,

You can use your account to log into our ticket system via http://support.joomlart.com then find ticketID HSU-404366.

Your information will be saved and secured.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum