Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am having several issues with QuickStart at http://www.enewspf.com/new3

Have literally been at this for a couple of weeks. Most difficult Joomla migration ever.

Have migrated all of my content. Will redo the menu later.

Why do all of my articles show at the bottom of the main page? The Featured and JA News modules show fine. But I have tons of articles below that which I do not want to appear on the home page.

Latest News and Most Read show errors.

Cannot get rid of Vanity Fair module or Events of the Year.

Above Footer, cannot get rid of World 24H and “Posted 3 days ago….” modules.

Please help!

I have used your templates for years. This is all very different for me. Need help!

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

1. With articles appear at the bottom of main page:

This due to the profile (Template manager > JA TelineIV > Profile( tab)) you are assigning to the Home menu item. As our demo site, we assign Home profile to the home page which hides the main content block. If you really want to use default profile to the home page, you need to set Hide main content block to Yes

2. Latest News and Most Read show errors:

Did you make any change to default com_content of Joomla? It’s displaying error from joomla core 🙁

3. “posted 3 days ago…” module:

This is a custom HTML module named: What do you think JA Teline IV? in content-mass-bot position, you can find it in module manager and unpublish it.

frodojrr Friend

<em>@Saguaros 354033 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

2. Latest News and Most Read show errors:

Did you make any change to default com_content of Joomla? It’s displaying error from joomla core 🙁

</blockquote>

No, I did not change the default com_content of Joomla. I’m wondering if I unpublished one too many supportive modules or plugins for these two?

Saguaros Moderator

Do you remember which modules/plugins you unpublished? 🙁 Please try to publish them again.

frodojrr Friend

<em>@Saguaros 354233 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you remember which modules/plugins you unpublished? 🙁 Please try to publish them again.</blockquote>
    Latest News and Most Read errors were because both modules were reading all of our articles. They were overworking going through thousands of articles.

When I toggled each to just consider the past three days of content, which makes more sense for our purposes, they worked perfectly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  frodojrr 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum