Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

After installing the component, my articles started translating, but after a while I started receiving the following errors:

—– Start Translating content:
    Failed: Failed Translate: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationExceptionMessage: There was an error deserializing the object of type Microsoft.MT.MDistributor.V2.TranslateArrayRequest. Start element ‘string’ does not match end element ‘script’. Line 1, position 1881.
    Failed: Failed Translate: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationExceptionMessage: There was an error deserializing the object of type Microsoft.MT.MDistributor.V2.TranslateArrayRequest. Start element ‘string’ does not match end element ‘script’. Line 1, position 1721.
    Failed: Failed Translate: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationExceptionMessage: There was an error deserializing the object of type Microsoft.MT.MDistributor.V2.TranslateArrayRequest. Start element ‘string’ does not match end element ‘script’. Line 1, position 1556.
    Failed: Failed Translate: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationExceptionMessage: There was an error deserializing the object of type Microsoft.MT.MDistributor.V2.TranslateArrayRequest. Start element ‘string’ does not match end element ‘script’. Line 1, position 1523.

JA Multilingual running on a clean version of Joomla 3.0
    Any idea what this is? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

As an error message that response from Bing Translator service, it seem has an system error now.
    We might need to wait for Service provider to resolve this issue.
    If you have a Google translate account, you can switch to use it instead for testing purporse.

fadoo Friend

Anyone else getting this problem from Bing Translate? Or is my system wonky.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I have just tested translation in our dev site with Bing Translator, and it still works properly.
    Since error message that returns from Bing is not clear, so it is hard to me to can give you much help in this case.
    I have also tried to google this error, but it seems that no one faced this issue.

I’ll report this issue to our dev team for further investigation, and I’ll back to you then.

fadoo Friend

Thanks Dead Code! Any Help is greatly appreciated!

fadoo Friend

So I reinstalled a fresh joomla 3.0, and went through the translation process.
    after 1000 translations I get the same serialization issue cropping up again.

Can’t think of why, but 1000 translations is too coincidental no?
    Thanks for any help in advance!

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<blockquote>So I reinstalled a fresh joomla 3.0, and went through the translation process.
    after 1000 translations I get the same serialization issue cropping up again.</blockquote>

It returns token timeout error, doesn’t it?

As you know, all web services defines its own limit of use (e.g.. number of API requests per hour, max length of text per each request, request timeout…)
    So, sometime you might face some unexpected errors.

However, JA Multilingual supports resumed translation, it means that you can stop your translation if the process faces any problem. When running translation again, it will only translate remaining items, so it can help to save a quota and time of translation.

fadoo Friend

If a particular article has a serialization error, I have, through trial and error, figured out, if I open the article, and then save it without changing anything, then JA Multilingual allows me to translate it.

Though this is a fairly simple work around, Its unfeasible as I have thousands of pages.

Any ideas?

-Flummoxed

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<blockquote>If a particular article has a serialization error, I have, through trial and error, figured out, if I open the article, and then save it without changing anything, then JA Multilingual allows me to translate it.</blockquote>

We do not received any similar case from other users before.
    I guess that your articles were not created in normal way (e.g: importing from external source via 3rd tools). Is that true?
    There might be something saved incorrectly that prevents Translate service from translating them.
    And when you edit article, it’s updated properly with correct value, and it can be translated then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum