Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

One thing I’ve read is that it’s better to have articles and other such content as close to the top of the rendered browser source file. This way, the search engines find the relevant content sooner and, as I understand things, some SE give more weight to content that is ‘earlier’ in the source.

Given the above, if you have a complex css menu, the actual page content can end up way down in the page source.

However, the Antares template has a very neat trick that I think no other JA template has. It will still display the left dynamic css nav menu except that when the header image thingy is not called, then somehow magically the page content is higher in the source, above the menu content, even though the menu is ‘displayed’ above the page content in the browser. Thus, the SE spider the page content early and perhaps give it more weight.

View the source in the Antares demo here:
    http://template.joomlart.com/ja_antares/content/view/18/79/lang,en/

See how the content is above the main menu code in the source? Very neat!

If there’s any way to do this with the other templates and make this standard for all templates, it would be most welcome for sure 🙂

The user still sees everything correctly on the page but the search engines are fed the content in a better way, as far as I know.

Many thanks 🙂

Menalto Friend

Thats true what you say, to get the content as far to the top as possible.
    I have done theese changes on some of the templates and it require some work to get done.
    One example here, on a template the main content started on line 241(if you check the source), after i finished with it main content started on line 79. So with some work it can do alot of changes on the SEO in the templates.

dogtags Friend

I examined how it’s done in Antares, and I’m sure it’s a bit easier if the css menu is in the sidebar than if the menu is a horizontal menu in the header, but I was trying to think if it’s possible even for horizontal css menus to have the content above the menu code in the source. Not sure how to approach this but would be the nicest solution cuz header horizontal menus are so helpful for users.

1. Which templates did you adjust for SEO ? Have you worked on the Xenia template (which is one that I use)?

2. What would you charge for them ?

Many thanks

Menalto Friend

If you have the menu at top(horizontal) or on the left its same process to get it more SEO friendly. Just if you have the menu at top its a bit more work to complete it.
    The templates i have done it with teline, quillaja, hedera, avian, rochea and a few others i dont remember the names on….
    What i charge? Since it depends on how you want it and if you have done any modifications its hard to say, but give me a PM about it?

dogtags Friend

PM sent

Lemme know

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dogtags 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum