Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

This is a method I use to acquire targeted links with keyword laden anchor text.

You will use a specific search phrase in order to look for blogs that use a specific plug-in called KeyWordLuv. Keywordluv allows you to set your own anchor text for your website(s) URL. Anchor text is very important to your SEO and you should be using multiple phrases that are relevant to your website(s).

What is great about blogs that use KeyWordLuv is they want you to use anchor text so you don’t have to use black-hat SEO techniques. Furthermore, since you are looking for blogs with your target keyword(s) you are only commenting on articles that are related to the subject matter of the site(s) you are promoting. This raises the relevance of the link to your site. It’s a win win.

Lets get down to it . The search string you want to use is as follows:

wine “Enter YourName@YourKeywords in the Name field”

Wine is just my example keyword. I use this keyword for one my sites since I have products that relate to wine. What you will want to do is replace wine with a keyword that is relevant to your own website.

Now you may get some returns that turn up articles that are not related to your keyword, you can still post to them but I normally ignore it (unless the site is dofollow and has a pr2+). A nice tool to have when you are doing this is firefox plugin that shows nofollow/dofollow links.

I use http://www.quirk.biz/searchstatus/

However, keep in mind that follow/dofollow only refers to if google will pass on PR to the link. Even if the blogs are no-follow it is still a value to have a back-link with targeted anchor text.

As an example here is a search return for

wine “Enter YourName@YourKeywords in the Name field”

Serious Grape: Pinot Grigio, the Farmers’ Market Friend | Food …
    Sep 18, 2009 … On Fridays, Deb Harkness of Good Wine Under $20 drops by with Serious … Enter YourName@YourKeywords in the Name field to take advantage. …

A quick look tells me it’s relevant to wine and the YourName@YourKeywords tells me they are using the keywordluv plugin. So I will follow through on this link, read over the article and form a sentence or two response that is relevant to the article.

You will fill out the name field on the leave comment form a little different than usual.

Example Comment Form:

Name : Rob@ Wine Bottle Stoppers
    Email: mail@yourmail.com

Comment: Insert a one or two sentence relevant reply to the article.

In the name field anything past the @ symbol tells the keywordluv plugin that this will be anchor text used for the website url you supply. So when my comment is posted it will read :

Rob from Wine Bottle Stoppers

That’s all there is to it. A Quick and easy way to get yourself some back-links from articles relating to your content with relevant anchor text for your SEO.

** If you promote a lot of sites and or use multiple anchor text and urls (which you should) you can also use a form filler for the name/email/websites to speed things up.

nefar Friend

A measly 3 views — That’s disheartening. 😮

bennitos Friend

I think that most people are enjoying their weekend nefar, like myself im enjoying a nice beer wich i deserved after a long week 🙂

But thank you for your effort to help other people, you have been doing great last couple days anyways.

Will read your post properly later when sober 🙂

nefar Friend

<em>@bennitos 148235 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think that most people are enjoying their weekend nefar, like myself im enjoying a nice beer wich i deserved after a long week 🙂

But thank you for your effort to help other people, you have been doing great last couple days anyways.

Will read your post properly later when sober :)</blockquote>

Unfortunately I gave up drinking & smoking awhile ago…. Let me tell you sobriety is severely overrated :laugh:

instantinlaw Friend

Great tip!
    Now to find some relevant sites related to Vintage Photography 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum