Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The mail has always been spotty with this site and now it quit working all together. Why I have no idea?? I have tried 3 different contact forms to test it, didn’t work. I tried SMTP (SSL and TLS, php send mail,) Doesn’t work.

PHP Sendmail does work on the server because another site uses it perfectly.

It is Contact in the menu bar but I removed the form because the site is live. The form is contact user "subcool".

I’ve also tried fox contact and perfect web contact ajax.

Please Help I’ve tried forever

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Peter Matra.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I just test the default form of Joomla but got the message noticing: Mail delivery failed.

Kindly check with your server, something wrong with your system.

Peter Matra Friend

I do not get this error. What exactly are you doing to get this error?

I’m trying to isolate if it’s Joomla or the cpanel account. The server is fine.

Thank you for your help

Pete

Saguaros Moderator

I just tried to put my email in to the Global Configuration > Server tab to test how it goes, then I went to contact page > send a test email but got that error message.

Peter Matra Friend

Hi Saguaros,

It is definitely an issue with Joomla. I went into the server and did via command line

# /usr/sbin/sendmail -t
    To: user@domain.com
    Subject: This is the subject of the email

This is the body of the email.
    root@#### [/]# 

It managed to send the mail. Is there a plugin that got corrupted?

Thanks Pete

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  Peter Matra.
    Saguaros Moderator

Has this happened recently or after you update / install something new into your site? You can also raise the same thread into Joomla forum as this issue comes from Joomla.

Peter Matra Friend

I can’t pin down a time when it happened. I wish I could. And I can’t remember the last upgrade I did. I will go to Joomla and search around.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Matra 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum