Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, thought this might be the best place to ask this question.

I am considering upgrading my account with joomlart to the developer membership as I am thinking out starting my own company.

My question is, as a company how have some of you sold the idea of using templates rather than unique website creations?

questbg Friend

To be honest, every template is just a starting point. Every single template will need some level of customisation for your clients (even if it’s just logo’s, colours, sections, categories, menus, polls, etc.), so in effect, even though template based, it wil be a unique site for you clients.

Besides, you can also send them screengrabs or links to the demosites here and ask which ‘base’ template they would like to start with.

Could save you many hours and frustration to find exactly what your client requirements and tastes are!

ant3112uk Friend

I totally agree with your points.

And thanks for the tips regarding sending screengrabs etc..

Do you find that you maybe sell a web solution package cheaper because the design has already been done?

tonyg Friend

Hi ant3112uk,

First of all you set up your company as a web developer not a web site designer. You then need to learn the art of customizing a template to suite your clients’ requirements, to make it unique for their web site. Tell your clients as a developer you work with great designers if want, but remember it is not just a template you are selling them.

questbg Friend

Hi

<em>@ant3112uk 75154 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you find that you maybe sell a web solution package cheaper because the design has already been done?</blockquote>

My opening statement would be along the lines of “Because I’m starting with a well developed template, this will half your costs overall”

😀

That should get you the business!!

Good luck
    Chris

mj1256 Friend

tonyg i do the same thing

as every single customer wants a cadillac for free, I tell them that we use joomla and a template to keep their costs down. I also tell them that to keep the cost down, the building of their website is not a collaborative effort, and although I appreciate their input, I will have final say on everything, including when the project is done. That having me make lines thicker, fonts bolder, spaces smaller, colors brighter, only eats up thier budget and has minimal or any effect on the end result. That the templates are designed by the top graphic artists in the industry and they know what they are doing.

I use use the power of no as a cost benefit. I say no to almost everything because its outside of their budget, and in the end, I get more money for the stupid things that they just must have.

ant3112uk Friend

Thank you so much guys for this, it’s very interesting.

I have decided to take the plunge and have a go at it, will be upgrading my account soon I feel!

Ant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ant3112uk 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum