Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Or, is there actually another member here who thinks that Joomlart members are that stupid and desperate?

Just wondering if anyone if any other member here has received an email (via the PM) with this message:

Hi cgc, i have a special request. I can see your a serious member of this forum and i own a joomla site . I aim to make this the No.1 joomla site for designers/illustrators/photographers etc using the kulanite template. Would you be willing to add our signature to yours in your profile along with whateever your have already? If you are willing to add it permanently. I will send you a gift voucher from amazon worth £10. If your up for it, then pm me or reply to this … Deal is you need to keep the link there permanently, along with your own signature of course.

If I am the only one who received it, then I will forget the matter. However, if other members received something similar. From a member who not very active — “joined Jun 2008” — with a total of 24 post, then he is abusing the PM, and further attempting some form of fraud.

First of all, who would even be so stupid to do such a thing

…. to add it permanently. I will send you a gift voucher from amazon worth £10. …. Deal is you need to keep the link there permanently,

If someone else is able to confirm that they receive a similar letter, I plan to forward the email to Hung so that the member ought to be banned.

First for insulting the intelligence of Joomlart members… and there is a potential fraud may be involved.

Cornelio

p3rf3ctg3ntl3m4n Friend

what’s the meaning ?

bennitos Friend

I had the same PM about 2 weeks ago, and i know more people had them.

See also a couple ppl in this thread (read through)

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/reply-or-refund-last-chance/

SP Media Friend

There’s a reason why i keep signatures disabled. 🙂

bennitos Friend

They should have warn and/or ban him after the first reports if you ask me.

Hung Dinh Friend

Thank you very much for the notice. Can you help putting here the list of username used to send such “spams”?

I myself get the same spam PM at Sitepoint, digitalpoints who are also using Vbulletin

bennitos Friend

Hello Hung,

I had the PM from the user: gavner

cgc0202 Friend

Thanks Hung,

Same person: gavner

It was sent on the 24 June 2009″””. So, it is about the same time Bennitos. I was supposed to send it to you Hung, but since Bennitos published the name of the person, it is moot to keep the name private.

Anyway, it is possible that his username was hijacked. [My main email is being used to send me spam mails, for example. It is driving me nuts.]

So, this must be investigated, first before banning anyone.

As Bennitos suggested though, an email must be sent to the person — and for him to respond, or at the very least, for him to STOP doing it. If he repeats it in the future, and someone complains, yet again…. then …

I don’t think anyone would fall for it. I expect Joomlart members to be more smart. But, it is really annoying because it is very insulting to me as a person to be sent such soliticitation — if it is not a SPAM.

Cornelio

“””But, I have been away for more than months, I just came back today to check if the Joomla 1.5.11 QuickStarts have been prepared. .[ By the way, I cannot open the QuickStart component of the Joomla- Teline II]

Michael Casha Friend

Please forward me the PM and I will deal with this. This behavior is NOT permitted on these forums.

bennitos Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 135559 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please forward me the PM and I will deal with this. This behavior is NOT permitted on these forums.</blockquote>

Check your inbox

Michael Casha Friend

Thanks! In conclusion, it is a breach of our forum rules to take any part in this type of act, and anyone doing so will be liable for penalties.

Contact me via PM if you have any questions. Topic closed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum