Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I got several messages from my host server point out security threats yhat were exploited through Joomlart extensions.

Here´s an example:

/home/armazen/ecooideia/jaextmanager_data/j16/module/mod_jaslideshow/backup/mod_jaslideshow_21Sep2011_064801/assets/themes/rasite

What should I do?

Manos Moderator

Hi,

It appears that you are still using J.1.6.x this version is no longer supported as you already know, also even J.1.7.x has a new update a few hours ago! So the first line of defense is to always have the latest upgrades !!

That includes all modules/components/plugins and your Joomla CMS version!

Luiz FernandoMolina Friend

<em>@pascm 270901 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

It appears that you are still using J.1.6.x this version is no longer supported as you already know, also even J.1.7.x has a new update a few hours ago! So the first line of defense is to always have the latest upgrades !!

That includes all modules/components/plugins and your Joomla CMS version!</blockquote>

It is a client that is using the CMS and it is on its 1.5.23 version.

I wouldn´t know how to tell my client that he was paying for something that would perpetuate his need for general updates.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

This ->

/home/armazen/ecooideia/jaextmanager_data/j16/module/mod_jaslideshow/backup/mod_jaslideshow_21Sep2011_064801/assets/themes/rasite

is the reason i thought it was on J.1.6.x

and if i understand correctly what you are saying here ->

<blockquote>
    I wouldn´t know how to tell my client that he was paying for something that would perpetuate his need for general updates.
    </blockquote>

Well…on Internet everything is constantly changes so we all have to constantly upgrade if we want to keep up with the evolution that involves online business and web presence.

Regards

Manos

P.S. can i have a look at this site so i can investigate your issue ?

n6rej Friend

<em>@Luiz FernandoMolina 270884 wrote:</em><blockquote>I got several messages from my host server point out security threats yhat were exploited through Joomlart extensions.

Here´s an example:

What should I do?</blockquote>
    I would be very interested in seeing this report.

Luiz FernandoMolina Friend

OK. maybe it is better to send it directly to your e-mail because there are several messages.

n6rej Friend

sure… send it to troy AT jowwow DOT net

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum