Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a possibility to use some keywords in every item using “searchable labels” in extra fields type? If yes how can I retrieve them?
    To be more exact I’d like to add author names for every magazine published in the magazine’s website.
    I want the user to be able to retrieve the magazine he is searching for, by selecting the month, year and the author’s name from the module. Is this possible? Is there any other way around I can do this?

Phan Gam Friend

Hi Tranaee,
    <blockquote>1. Is there a possibility to use some keywords in every item using “searchable labels” in extra fields type? If yes how can I retrieve them?</blockquote>
    Please explain more clearly.
    2.<blockquote> I want the user to be able to retrieve the magazine he is searching for, by selecting the month, year and the author’s name from the module. Is this possible? Is there any other way around I can do this? </blockquote>
    I think, for each k2-item (Ex: they are assigned to “magazine” group), you can create 3 extrafields year,month,author. Then, you can use them as filter fields.
    Hope that helps.

tranaee Friend

My problem was that a magazine issue has many authors.. So if I had to use K2, this should support sub-articles or something, cause I needed to have one article – one author per item to get things right.
    ANd this is what I did really. I went up one level and I have the magazine issue as K2 category, the magazine as a brief with contents, frontpage etc. as main item and as links show up all the other items-articles. =)
    I think is the best way to use all those things together for a magazine site-database: K2 and JA K2 Search Module.

tranaee Friend

<em>@Phan Gam 206890 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tranaee,

Please explain more clearly.
    </blockquote>

I mean, if i have 350 authors in total I cannot have a drop-down list but I need the user to enter a text in order to find the searchable labels of the extra fields. A textbox for that matter in the plugin is ok? or those labels do only for the general K2 search?

Phan Gam Friend

Hi,
    <blockquote>I mean, if i have 350 authors in total I cannot have a drop-down list but I need the user to enter a text in order to find the searchable labels of the extra fields. A textbox for that matter in the plugin is ok? or those labels do only for the general K2 search? </blockquote>
    Okey, why don’t you use author extra-field as a textbox. If author is drop-down list in k2, you can also change type of filter field to “textbox”, so user can search by entering text.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phan Gam 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum