Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

If I enter a keyword and search from the search module I get a page with results with the home page modules.
    How I can get a result page without modules?

smitheringale Friend

<em>@matteob 174215 wrote:</em><blockquote>If I enter a keyword and search from the search module I get a page with results with the home page modules.
    How I can get a result page without modules?</blockquote>

hi, one simple way to achieve this would be to look in the module manager for the modules in question and choose to not have them be displayed on the search page, which is one of the menu items in the quick start package.

this might do the trick.:)

matteob Friend

<em>@smitheringale 174232 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi, one simple way to achieve this would be to look in the module manager for the modules in question and choose to not have them be displayed on the search page, which is one of the menu items in the quick start package. </blockquote>

The problem is that the modules are assigned only to the “Home page” menu item.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear matteob!

As you known the joomla system checks the “ItemId” parameter inside a URI (example: index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=2) ( ItemId is understood as a menu Item ) to display modules follow the ItemId. If The URI has not the ItemId parameter, so The Joomla will understand staying at HOME Page. So that please create 1 menu item named “Search” and choose its menu Type to be “Search”. After you searched, the results will be displayed on the “Search” Page.

iluminada Friend

Please, where is the space for insert the ItemId in the Advanced Search module? I can’t find where.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@iluminada 328876 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please, where is the space for insert the ItemId in the Advanced Search module? I can’t find where.</blockquote>
    Hello iluminada,

There isn’t any space for insert the ItemId in the Advanced Search module here. All you should do, as Saguaros mentioned above is that create 1 menu item named “Search” and choose its menu Type to be “Search”. After you searched, the results will be displayed on the “Search” Page.

Regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum