Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

While the search form belongs to a specific Section and Category, when the user is redirected to the result page, any link to those Section&Category disappear: there are no modules, and the breadcrumbs doesn’t give any information.

How can I correct this and show these modules??

himangi Friend

Hi,

I think you cant see any module on the search result page since all those modules are displayed on selected pages only and since search result page does not relate to itemids of any of those pages the modules are not suppose to display on the page. If you display any module on all site pages you should see it on the search result page as well..

merzbau Friend

Thank you Himangi for your reply.

Actually, I am aware of the reason why the modules don’t show up, I am just looking for a way to add the modules anyway.
    I have found a way to achieve it:
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1158

<blockquote>All I did was went to a menu that I don’t use, in my case ‘othermenu’, then made a new item and under components box selected the component button, then named the component ‘search’ and the then selected ‘Search’ and saved the menu item.

Then its as simple as going back to your module screen and assigning your module to the ‘Search’ menu item in the right hand assign menu for your module</blockquote>

Thanks again

L.

thanili Friend

But if i am not missing something this solution DOES NOT apply to joomla 1.5 and on? Am i right? There is no option for menu item of type “component”

thanili Friend

It works with menu item of type “search” …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thanili 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum