Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have modified 2 of the JA templates colours to give a public view and registered members view

What I’m having major issues with is that when I search as a registered member the search output page is ALWAYS shown in the public template.

Not only is the colour different but all the menus are wrong as are the modules.

Any ideas how to force J! to use a template over ride for the search component.

yerg Friend

Had a suggestion given to me which highlighted that I’d not provided sufficient information :-[

I’ve got the following files in /public_html/templates/memberstemplate/html/com_search/search

default.php
    default_error.php
    default_form.php
    default_results.php

The template overrides works until the results page appears and that’s when the “public template” default_results.php file is used.

It’s in /public_html/templates/publictemplate/html/com_search/search directory and I’ve tagged it with some text to make sure I know were it’s coming from. I thought it was coming from the public_html/components/com_search directory.

—edit —

I’ve tried making the “members template” the default … this resolves the members issue but the “public search” now has no menu at all.

— edit —
    I checked all the modules to ensure they are assigned correctly and all as they should be.

—- edit —
    More frustration but here goes

Here’s the link to the search page via the menu – note the itemid in bold
    index.php?option=com_search&Itemid=87

IF I search for xxx and click the search the ouput goes to this link – note the itemid in bold
    index.php?searchword=xxx&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&areas[0]=content&Itemid=100010&option=com_search#content

This is where the search component changes the template

Itemid=87 is the registered users template menu id for the search component
    Itemid=100010 is the public users template menu id for the search component

Why is J! changing the menu id on search?

How do I force J! to do as it’s told 🙂

yerg Friend

Ok I’ve found a resolution … not a solution

Create a menu (called invisible) and assign it to a position not used
    Create a menu link to the Search component … same as the existing search in the registered menu/template.

Resolved … why adding the second menu link to the search component resolves this I really don’t know

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yerg 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum