Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I’d like to customize the default search module from T3 to looks like the serach module from Purity III (on the right side from navmenu).
    It’s possible ?
    How ?
    Thanks

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Yes you can. For customization task, you can use Firebug and take a look at this video to see how to use it.

marian Friend

Sorry but I know very well firebug.
    The problem is how to include the search module on the navbar. I need a guide for this issue at a programming level, not a guide for firebug >:(
    I think I’m not the only one to ask this thing

marian Friend

Does anyone knows ?

Scott Lavelle Friend

Here’s how I’d approach this:

Go to /templates/t3_bs3_blank/tpls/blocks folder and into the mainnav.php file and look at how it is laid out.

You will need to nest this code inside of a div that limits its width to only part of the screen. Presently, it isn’t that way. I did this test a minute ago and added the “row” and the “col-xs-blah blah blah” lines and their corresponding ends. Then I added another div within the row for the location of the module. This looks something like this:

<nav id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap navbar navbar-default t3-mainnav">
    <div class="row">
    <div class="container">

<!-- Brand and toggle get grouped for better mobile display -->
    <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-9">
    <div class="navbar-header">
    <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-3">
    <p>This is the extra</p>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </nav>

Then, to put a module in that last bit, you’d use something like the following:

<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-3">
    <div class="some-module-position-class <?php $this->_c('some-module-position-name') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('some-module-position-name') ?>" style="raw" />
    </div>
    </div>

Then create a custom HTML module (or whatever) and put it in the position referenced as “some-module-position-name”. The way this is coded, you would get a 3 column position to the right of a 9 column navbar in the widest screen size and then anything under the small size would cause both to go to 12 columns wide and stack.

I haven’t tested this for fault-proof-ness, but this should get you pointed in the right direction, anyway.

Does that make sense? Did that help?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Lavelle 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum