Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I enabled the search function on my site but it does not work. I have read a lot of similar posts in the forum but note that most of them get an error message. I don’t.

I just get my home page coming up again with no results and no indication that a search has taken place.

Any ideas?

Jim

himangi Friend

Hi,

Can you provide site url and admin access? Also tell me if you are using any extension other than default joomla search.

poseidan Friend

I’ve got the same problem… At first I had an error message but unfortunately it doesn’t show up anymore and I can’t remember which file was causing the problem. I remember it was somewhere in the Plugins/system/JAT3/JAT3/(can’t remember the rest). I also remember it used to work in the beginning.

There are many extensions on my website:
    easyblog, kunena, jomsocial, akeeba, and also many JA extensions. I will try different backups and see where the problem lies and I will come back here to provide some feedback if I find something interesting.

poseidan Friend

<em>@poseidan 235178 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve got the same problem… At first I had an error message but unfortunately it doesn’t show up anymore and I can’t remember which file was causing the problem. I remember it was somewhere in the Plugins/system/JAT3/JAT3/(can’t remember the rest). I also remember it used to work in the beginning.

There are many extensions on my website:
    easyblog, kunena, jomsocial, akeeba, and also many JA extensions. I will try different backups and see where the problem lies and I will come back here to provide some feedback if I find something interesting.</blockquote>

I went back to an older version where there is only a few extensions listed above, easyblog and akeeba. And the search doesn’t work…
    I will go back to an even older version to see if I could find something…

poseidan Friend

I can’t find the problem… I went back to old backups and found one working and the one just after the search function doesn’t work. The extensions are the same so this is not the problem. Between these 2 backups, I remember having fixed bugs… For example easyblog is not working and you have to add a few lines of codes to fix this bug. But this is not this bug fix that causes the problem with the search function, it is another one but I can’t find what I did.

:((

himangi Friend

Hi poseidan,

you said you had some error containing <blockquote>Plugins/system/JAT3/JAT3/</blockquote>

Can you please check if you have latest version of JAT3 plugin installed. If not, please upgrade it.

Also check if the search works with any default joomla template.. It would be good if you can PM me your site url, admin aceess & ftp access, so that I can take a look.

poseidan Friend

<em>@himangi 235270 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi poseidan,

you said you had some error containing

Can you please check if you have latest version of JAT3 plugin installed. If not, please upgrade it.

Also check if the search works with any default joomla template.. It would be good if you can PM me your site url, admin aceess & ftp access, so that I can take a look.</blockquote>

Just to let other users (that may eventually have the same problem) know, yes the search works even with the blank T3 template and yes I have the latest version of the JAT3 plugin installed. I will send the info by pm so you can check by yourself! 🙂

himangi Friend

Hi I check the search with search keyword = Premier and got 2 results.. I am attaching a screenshot for results seen..

1. Rechercher_1303372583554
    poseidan Friend

<em>@himangi 235576 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi I check the search with search keyword = Premier and got 2 results.. I am attaching a screenshot for results seen..</blockquote>

You are absolutely right… :-[

I thought that the search would open a new page (which did at first), but that’s not the case anymore, the results appear at the end of the frontpage (which is not very convenient). I probably changed something in my settings but I really don’t what it is. That’s very good news since the problem is not really a problem but how can I manage it to open the results not in the homepage? I’m sorry if this question is weird or maybe too simple but I can only change the position of the module, I can’t find a way to change where the results will be displayed and which modules will be displayed around the results. Thanks for your help!!

:-[

Edit: Got it!!!

If someone has the same problem, it is really easy. I deleted the search menu item by deleting menus that where useless. So I just had to create a new search menu item and everything is working perfectly. It’s weird but that’s the way it is!!

himangi Friend

Hi,
    I think all those modules were published on that Search menu item. Now when you have created a new menu that association of modules with the menu itemid is not there and hence the modules are not appearing on the Search Results page..

cataneo Friend

Hello,
    I am having the same problem. My website is http://www.chameleonews.com and I see in my search history (when login into admin backpart) and the link actually changes. Maybe I have deactivated something (which I believe I haven’t) but it does not redirect me to a page where I see the results.
    Can you please help me with this ? Or anyone ?

himangi Friend

Hi,

Is it solved? The thread is marked as solved. if it is not, can you please PM me admin access to your site? I will take a look at it..

himangi Friend

Hi cataneo,

I found a search menu item in your Topmenu, which was unpublished. I have published it and the search results are showing up.

cataneo Friend

You are the best ! Thank you ! Can I PM you for other issues ? Or should I write in the forums ?

himangi Friend

Hi,

Glad I could help. 🙂

Please post other problems in appropriate forums.. Send me the forum links in PM, if you want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  pascalus89 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum