Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When i switch Search Engine Friendly URLs setting to on the pages dont load right. the css is missing. its like the site can only get the content and cant look in the directory files.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Did you rename your htaccess.txt to .htaccess ?

Regards

Manos

lmelvin Friend

yes but to no joy. im confused by this

talklfc Friend

IS there anything in your htaccess file or is it blank?

Also, are you using the Joomla SEF URL function or a third party component?

Maybe take a screenshot of your Global config page and your cpanel file manager page please?

BTW, very often, if you are using a joomla installed FTP manager such as extplorer, it wont rename the htaccess file for you. YOu need to do it via cpanel. When you click on file manager in cpanel, be sure to check the ‘show hidden files’ box.

Peter

sbaldwin Friend

Hi, On this topic I found two files
    1) .htaccess file with only this information:
    <Files 403.shtml>
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    </Files>
    and I also have a htaccess.txt file with a lot of info in it. Permission set at 0644. Do I delete the .htaccess file and then rename the htacess.txt file to .htaccess and get rid of the .htaccess file (delete it)? I’m not sure how I got both in there. I did a quick install a while ago and noticed my site has not done well in months.
    Is the permission for this file correct at 0644? Thanks for any help!

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Yes the permissions for htaccess.txt file are correct you should rename the .htaccess to htaccess.old and rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess for SEF url or you can disable SEF url from Joomla Global Configuration.

Regards

sbaldwin Friend

Thanks Manos! One question I forgot to ask is, would it be better to use the “Add Suffix To URL” option to make it an .HTML extension in Global Config? Or should I set that to “No”. Just wondering what is better for SE.

Thanks!
    Sandra

saimabaig40 Friend

<em>@pascm 276101 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Yes the permissions for htaccess.txt file are correct you should rename the .htaccess to htaccess.old and rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess for SEF url or you can disable SEF url from Joomla Global Configuration.

</blockquote>

me doing this same…………..

thanks

williamjohn40 Friend

I am also doing.

One question is more please

I want to ask something that please any one can tell me that Signature link work like spammer??????? then why forum owners give this option. waiting to your response.
    thanks

Manos Moderator

<em>@sbaldwin 276133 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Manos! One question I forgot to ask is, would it be better to use the “Add Suffix To URL” option to make it an .HTML extension in Global Config? Or should I set that to “No”. Just wondering what is better for SE.

Thanks!
    Sandra</blockquote>

Well if you Google for that i am sure you will get so many answers that you might get confused, well my decision is that: No .html Suffix since we are no longer build plain html web sites but Joomla Dynamic Web Sites 🙂

<em>@williamjohn40 276217 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am also doing.

One question is more please

I want to ask something that please any one can tell me that Signature link work like spammer??????? then why forum owners give this option. waiting to your response.
    thanks</blockquote>

Well in some cases a Signature link might be considered as a spam link yes.

Regards

rachael Friend

The signature can be activated after a specific number of posts otherwise it may be considered as spamming.

lucaspeperaio Friend

Maybe something related to the cache, try clearing your browser cache after returning the original settings. I did this on my site AntiProtecao and decided

sukran1979 Friend

Ok Thanks, you are the best..
    web tasarımı

chamitart Friend

Hello!

I have the same problem, but my htaccess file is blank, what do I do?

I have a JaDroid template, my site is http://www.omshantitravel.com

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You need to copy an htaccess.txt file to your .htaccess, you can find that within a new Joomla installation zip file

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum