Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

My search button does not seem to work in Firefox. I have the search module set to:

Search button: yes
    Search button as image: no
    Button text: search

The word “search” shows up in the blue box, and the button functions in Safari. However, the word does not show up and the button does not work in Safari (Mac).

Site is http://www.aoclayton.com

Advice?

jbrowdy Friend

I have looked at several sites created with rutile, and all have the same problem: the search button either works in Safari or in Firefox, but not both.

WE PAID FOR THESE TEMPLATES, PLEASE SUPPORT US, and let me know how to fix this before I leave my site online. It looks very unprofessional to have the search button not look right.

http://www.aoclayton.com

thoemme Friend

Hey jbrowdy

just check the previous forum entry. in module parameters set “Search Button as Image: NO”.

setting “yes” enables you to specify your own image if you like at “images/M_images/searchButton.gif”

this ist Joomla Core, not template specific.

Happy new year 🙂

t.

jbrowdy Friend

The problem was actually something else wrong in the css style sheet. I fixed it based on a suggestion related to ie7 I hunted down in the forums.

grodarte Friend

Hi jbrowdy,

I am having the exact same problem. In addition, I noticed that if I change Button text to anything other than “Search” (to “Go” for instance), the text shows up in Safari and Firefox. Except, the term I want to display on the button is “Search”.

Would you mind telling me how you fixed this issue…I would like to apply the fix as well.

Thanks much!

jbrowdy Friend

I’d be happy to try to dig it up. I believe the site I created with this particular template has been taken down, but I may have it backed up somewhere. If I can find the css style sheet, I’ll try to send it to you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jbrowdy 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum