Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to put a search bar on the menu nav bar? If so can someone help me out?

Also, the search results don’t pull the JoomShopping products, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Hi dnasport,

Do you want to put a search bar under a menu item or beside those menu item ?

<blockquote>Also, the search results don’t pull the JoomShopping products, is there a way to fix this?</blockquote>
    The JoomShopping component has its own search system and you can create a menu item that point to this search system. when you search via the joomla search component, the result from Joomshopping would not be included.

Darren Scott Friend

Cool thanks, yeah the search bar we’d like to have in the menu bar itself if possible

Sherlock Friend

<em>@dnasport 326578 wrote:</em><blockquote>Cool thanks, yeah the search bar we’d like to have in the menu bar itself if possible</blockquote>

You would need to modify the mainnav block that generated the menu bar, Copy the block file from the base theme folder
    pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultblocksmainnav.php
    You paste it to the template block folder templatesja_tirisblocks open the copied file you change this code
    [PHP]
    <ul class=”no-display”>
    <li><a href=”<?php echo $this->getCurrentURL();?>#ja-content” title=”<?php echo JText::_(“SKIP_TO_CONTENT”);?>”><?php echo JText::_(“SKIP_TO_CONTENT”);?></a></li>
    </ul>
    [/PHP]
    To this
    [PHP]
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘search’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-search”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”search” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <ul class=”no-display”>
    <li><a href=”<?php echo $this->getCurrentURL();?>#ja-content” title=”<?php echo JText::_(“SKIP_TO_CONTENT”);?>”><?php echo JText::_(“SKIP_TO_CONTENT”);?></a></li>
    </ul>
    [/PHP]

Then you open the file of templates/ja_tiris/css/template.css look for this css

#ja-search {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000
    border-bottom: 1px solid #323232
    bottom: auto;
    height: 23px;
    padding: 5px 5px 0 10px;
    right: 30px;
    top: 53px;
    width: 185px;
    }

and change this to

#ja-search {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000
    border-bottom: 1px solid #323232
    bottom: auto;
    height: 23px;
    padding: 5px 5px 0 10px;
    right: 10px;
    top: 15px;
    width: 155px;
    }

Then you look for this css

#ja-search .button {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    border: medium none;
    float: right;
    height: 20px;
    padding: 0;
    width: 20px;
    }

and change to

#ja-search .button {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    border: medium none;
    float: right;
    height: 20px;
    padding: 0;
    width: 20px;
    display:none;
    }

I hope those changes help !

Darren Scott Friend

I’ll try:)

Thanks a bunch!

Darren Scott Friend

Ok. I copied the file mainnavblock.php and moved to templatesja_tirisblocks directory. I also edited the mainnavblock.php (the one that was moved) and the template.css

Not showing any changes

Any ideas on what changes I can make?

Sherlock Friend

<em>@dnasport 330228 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok. I copied the file mainnavblock.php and moved to templatesja_tirisblocks directory. I also edited the mainnavblock.php (the one that was moved) and the template.css

Not showing any changes

Any ideas on what changes I can make?</blockquote>

Have you tried to remove caching ? I took a look at the url http://dnasport.co.nz/ for checking but got a 403 Forbidden message, let me know how can I see the problem, also pm me the FTP info for further checking if possible.

Darren Scott Friend

OH! Sorry we changed domains to http://www.dnasport.us

Thanks

D

Sherlock Friend

hi dnasport,

Please be sure that you have an instance of the search module assigned to the search position and it’s set to display in the homepage, Can you provide me the admin account as well as the FTP info via PM for a deeper checking.

Darren Scott Friend

Sherlock, thanks that def did the trick in making it appear.

One last question, is there a way to stylize the search bg color and the border color around the search bar?

Thanks again

Sherlock Friend

Hi dnasport,

you could open the file of templates/ja_tiris/css/template.css looking for this css
    #ja-search .inputbox {
    color: #A5A5A5
    float: left;
    padding: 2px 0 0;
    width: 160px;
    }

For example here you want to add a red bg color and white border you can change the above to this
    #ja-search .inputbox {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 red;
    border: 1px solid white;
    color: #A5A5A5
    float: left;
    padding: 2px 0 0;
    width: 160px;
    }

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum