Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello

I have been struggling for the last couple days trying to figure out why these were working alright and are not anymore. The only notable thing I have done is completing the multi-language setup for all menus and pages (note that multi-language was installed form the beginning with quickstarter).

Site is at http://www.enampore.org

More details:

1. Contact forms from the menu items work alright (check under "Comment participer…"; there are several)

2. The "webmestre" contact from Footer6:

a) Works fine when the page of another contact form from the menus is displayed, with for instance the following URL on the Footer6 "webmestre" link:
    http://enampore.org/index.php/fr/comment-participer/fete-des-canards-menu/fete-des-canards/109-enampore/1

b) Does not work on all other pages. And a different kind of URL link shows on "webmestre" in Footer6:
    http://enampore.org/index.php/fr/component/contact/contact/109-enampore/1?Itemid=1380

1. Both "webmestre" (when not working properly) and "search" result in a similar malformed html page.

2. As an additional info, I had an extension module installed for tags cloud, which was also working properly before, and now generates the same kind of malformed page when one clicks on a tag word. I have tested two other tags extensions with same result, and now uninstalled all the extensions. But no change in behavior.

3. T3 and Purity III are updated to latest. I have NOT upgraded to Joomla 3.8

Do you have any idea what has gone wrong and where to go to solve it?

Thanks in advance for any help

NB: system info attached

1. System_info
    fghoche Friend

As an additional info, the native tag cloud feature still works as expected (when you click on a tag in the displayed cloud you get the resulting pages as expected).

This was working as well and has been broken for extension based tag clouds I have uninstalled since, same as for search and contact in footer.

(Note that I have been using an extension tag cloud because the internal tag module limits display to only 20 tags, and look is ugly).

I can reinstall a tag extension to illustrate result if it helps.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

As I can see that the contact form still shows fine: http://enampore.org/index.php/fr/comment-participer/fete-des-canards-menu/fete-des-canards/109-enampore/1

May I know how you want it should be?

fghoche Friend

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this is the link that works.

Please try (from the home page for instance):

1. the link on the "webmestre" contact link in Footer6, which shows: http://enampore.org/index.php/fr/component/contact/contact/109-enampore/1?Itemid=1380

2. type a word in the search field in the page header, and launch search
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  fghoche.
    Saguaros Moderator

It’s default search module of Joomla, could you switch to default Joomla template and see how it goes?

fghoche Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you share the ftp account also?

fghoche Friend
    Saguaros Moderator
    fghoche Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Francois,

It needs a menu item to show the search result, I just temporarily create a menu item called ‘Advanced Search’ under User menu and the search is working now.

Regards

fghoche Friend

Hello Saguaros,

I wasn’t aware a menu item was now needed for Search to work. Thanks for your help.

Applying this new knowledge, I have also created an additional user menu item for the webmaster contact. The link in the footer is now working alright as well.

Only problem left is the Tags cloud. I don’t find a way to assign a user menu item to this extension module. Currently, clicking on a tag in the cloud still opens a malformed page. Any hints?

(I would be sorry to have to abandon this nice colorful tag cloud… )

Also, I don’t understand why the three features (search, contact and Color Tags) previously worked fine without any user menu item, and suddenly stopped working. A change in the framework?

Thanks in advance for any additional advice

fghoche Friend

I have solved the problem by publishing the menu items from "Joomla pages" in the main menu from the Purity III demo site. Tags cloud is now working as expected: when clicking on a tag, opening a new page with list of articles tagged.

However, I still do not understand WHY it is working when these menu items are published? This main menu is not used on this web site.
    Also, I always had a "list of all tags" item in the menu effectively displayed on the site. Why wasn’t this one enough?

If anyone can help me stop feeling like an ignorant… otherwise, the problem is indeed solved anyway.

Thanks for all the help

Saguaros Moderator

Because there maybe tag you set for specific language and tags for all, I tried to set that menu item for All language and tag works now.

fghoche Friend

Yes it does work as expected alright.

Thanks again for all the kind and efficient help.

François

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fghoche 6 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum