Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Further to my other thread that is currently running here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/banners-not-working/

Which basically is about the banners on my site working in Safari, but not working in Firefox, I just discovered another strange thing…

In Firefox I can click the ‘Text Size’ plus and minus buttons and this works fine, text is enlarged or reduced in the browser window.

In Safari, neither of these has any effect whatsoever :confused:

Anyone else running on Mac OS got these problems? If this is the case with this template, then I’m afraid I’ll have to ditch it! It’s impossible to run a site that doesn’t work cross-platform, or even, cross-browser on the same platform!

Thank goodness I’ve only wasted two days of install time before I found the problem!

Anyone want to take a look, the site under construction is here:
    http://www.joomla.questbg.com/

I have now stopped all development on the site until this is answered and/or resolved as this is a major issue for us.

>:(

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Basically I need to know why the banners don’t work in Firefox, but work in Safari. Also, why the ‘text size up and down’ works in Firefox, but not in Safari!

Thanks
    Chris

PS. Running a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac under OS 10.4.11. Firefox 2.0.0.14. Safari version 3.1.1.

cgc0202 Friend

Hi Chris,

I checked your in four browsers — Safari, Firefox, Camino and Netscape — and it works. They enlarge and can be returned back to default.

Cornelio

questbg Friend

Many thanks Cornelio

Must be something strange in my version of Safari (I downloaded latest version yesterday?)

I just tried it on the wife’s G4 laptop and it seems to work OK there too?

Just need to fix the banner problem now (not working in Firefox, but OK, in Safari)!

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 58923 wrote:</em><blockquote>Many thanks Cornelio

Must be something strange in my version of Safari (I downloaded latest version yesterday?)

I just tried it on the wife’s G4 laptop and it seems to work OK there too?

Just need to fix the banner problem now (not working in Firefox, but OK, in Safari)!</blockquote>

Hi Chris,

Hmmm….

I also have a G4 laptop. It is still working, so I hope it will stay another year or more. They are coming with entirely different screen by next year (or even late this year), plus if the snow leopard will come out next year, the “Grand Central” parallel computing concept will revolutionize computing itself.

I am not sure how fast Apple can come up with it though because the talent that they are banking on were from a new company they just bought a few months ago. But, I understand, the core staff have been mulling the idea since Leopard.

Too high tech for me to understand but my G4 is quite slow now compared to the newer ones based on Intel. The new Grand Central may not depend on Intel at all.

Firefox is coming out with a new version next week. Who knows, it may have the solution

But, I suspect, the banner issue may be another scripting compatibility issue, so possibly send it to technical support.

Cornelio

salvomic Friend

<em>@cgc0202 58954 wrote:</em><blockquote>…I suspect, the banner issue may be another scripting compatibility issue, so possibly send it to technical support.
    Cornelio</blockquote>

I’ve the same issue with Safari 3.1.1 with MacBook Pro

Salvo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  salvomic 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum