Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

When I click on the RSS button on the bottom of the template it loads the home page into another window with the message that “you are not authorized to view this resource” I took a look at the html via Template Manager>Edit Html. What do I need to change in the following code to have the feed load?

<a href=”<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site ?>/index.php?option=com_rss&feed=RSS2.0&no_html=1″ target=”_blank” title=”RSS 2.0″ style=”text-decoration: none;”>

BTW I have IE7 which automatically renders the feed if I use the default Joomla rss buttons.

TIA

ha le-viet Developer

Hi instantinlaw,

Publish the module Syndicate somewhere and you’ll have the RSS works. It’s quite a ridiculous problem of Joomla!

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

instantinlaw Friend

I was thinking that was the problem, but I was also thinking of publishing the joomla button where the template button is. After all, I don’t really need rss buttons all over the page. If I edit the footer.php and add user 10 to that section will it work? Thanks.

ha le-viet Developer

Hi instantinlaw,

Publish the module but set its display to none, it’s a trick.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

instantinlaw Friend

You are great Ha Le-Viet!
    It worked like a charm Thanks!:D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum