Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I installed today the Rockettheme search module.
    In the demo I see that when you start typing, the magnifier glass starts rotating.

Installed on my own site, this doesn’t happen.
    Is this something that is supported by the JA Travel template, or is there a way that I can add this to my template?

It adds value, because the visitors can see that the search engine is working once they start typing.

I did a lot of research on the internet, but couldn’t find anything at all about this subject.

Thanks!

Stork11 Friend

Hello travelweb,

Can you send me demo URL of that RocketTheme search module?

And can you PM me with your site information (your site URL, your site admin account) and your FTP account? So I can diagnose this problem.

BTW, please include this forum thread URL in your PM, so I can follow it.

Regards.

travelweb Friend

Hi Stork11,

I have sent you an PM, the link to the module is the following:

http://demo.rockettheme.com/extensions/?extension=rokajaxsearch

Best regards,
    Peter

Stork11 Friend

Hello travelweb,

Maybe problem occurred because your settings are incorrect?. Because I checked the module on Joomla default template and also on JA Travel. Loading icon of module is showing normal when i type something in box.

Please PM me with your site information, then I can try to help you diagnose the problem. Remember to include this forum thread URL in your PM, so I can follow it.

Regards.

travelweb Friend

Hi Stork11,

The module is indeeed working, but not when I put it on the ‘default’ search position in the template.
    When I put the module for example on the “top_menu” position, it is indeed working.

Do you have any clue?

Best regards,
    Peter

travelweb Friend

I think that currently the magnifier glass is defined by this code:

background-image: url(“../templates/ja_travel/themes/brown/images/icon-search.png”);

Can’t it be that this code is ‘overwriting’ the code of the Rockettheme search module for displaying the magnifier glass?

Best regards,
    Peter

Stork11 Friend

<em>@travelweb 356107 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think that currently the magnifier glass is defined by this code:

background-image: url(“../templates/ja_travel/themes/brown/images/icon-search.png”);

Can’t it be that this code is ‘overwriting’ the code of the Rockettheme search module for displaying the magnifier glass?

Best regards,
    Peter</blockquote>
    Hello Peter,

You can put above “background-image” style in “#roksearch_search_str” in “/templates/ja_travel/css/template.css” file to override the style of RT search

#roksearch_search_str {
    background-image: url(“../themes/brown/images/icon-search.png”);
    }

Regards.

travelweb Friend

Hi Stork11,

Thanks for your reply!

I have put (I tried it for the general ‘template.css’ file and the Brown theme ‘template.css’) the following code:

#roksearch_search_str {
    background-image: url(“../themes/brown/images/icon-search.png”);
    }

just above the following code:

#ja-search .inputbox {
    background-image: url(“../images/icon-search.png”);
    color: #978D7F
    }

I didn’t notice a difference.
    Did I understand your recommendation correctly?

Best regards,
    Peter

Stork11 Friend

Hi Peter,

Did you clean your site cache before checking on front-end?

Regards.

travelweb Friend

Hi Stork11,

I have deleted the cache, but unfortunately there is no difference.

Regards,
    Peter

Stork11 Friend

Hi Peter,

Can you PM me with your site information (your site URL, your site admin account) and your FTP account? Then I can try to help you debug in code.

BTW, please include this forum thread URL in your PM, so I can follow it.

Regards.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum