Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Can someone take a look at my site’s headlines (I renamed it Highlights but you’ll see it on the front page rotating)

http://thechinabusinessnetwork.com

Why are there titles to the subsequent content items showing up after the Read More part?

How do I get rid of this?

I just want it to say Read More… and not have those titles affixing themselves to it. I don’t even know how or where it’s coming from or how to fix it.

Thank you!
    Christine

Mtaski Phiri Friend

Ye I have got the same problem but still cant find any solution to it…i happened when I upgraded to Ja-News 1.2…

avekic Friend

same here. but only in firefox. ie7 displays it correctly.

bigrk Friend

I still use the JA News module version 1.1.1. If you have been reading this forum about this module there has not been a newer version that didn’t create this problem. JA has totally ignored this problem since the upgrade to version 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. Even now with tthe newest version of 1.2 beta it is still a problem.

mijohn Friend

I have the exact same problem. Displays incorrectly in both firefox and IE.

Mtaski Phiri Friend

It seems like no one knows the solution or they wont be bothered…I dont want to downgrade to version 1.1.1. I thought the whole point of having version 1.2 was to have a better one. Is project ja-news being abandonded?

postlistinn Friend

I just posted a new thread as I did not know about this one. Looking into the code led me to conclude that the problem lies in the java script but I haven’t seen exactly how it’s doing it. Hope the developers are looking into it.

arezzonotizie Friend

To remove unwanted title in rotator:

open modules/janews/headlineloader.php

rem this code around line 199

//echo $splitter.textprocess($nexttitle).$splitter.textprocess($prevtitle);

I think this was debug code never removed by the programmer

😉

kirkydu Friend

thanks a lot arez. worked great for our site

dpk Friend

is this the solution to get rid of the “array” message in the ja news content box?

dpk Friend
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  dpk 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum