Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I need non-clickable root menu items for my site, but I can’t seem to get this with either Suckerfish or Transmenu.

Suckerfish
    Placeholder menu items link back to the home page.
    A link to # brings me to the homepage.

Transmenu
    Placeholder menu items seem to work but do not show as proper themed buttons on the menu.
    A link to # brings me to the homepage.

Any ideas? If possible, a fix for Suckerfish would be the best, some people (with weird browsers :P) have reported problems with transmenu.

drleper Friend

Hi, is there any way to do this? It’s sort of important, at the moment I have to have duplicate entries (see the menus at my site). Apparently lots of users did not know that the root level menus could be clicked, so people couldn’t find sections, therefore I’ve had to duplicate each root menu item in the submenu.

jvanags Friend

Sorry, this is the way to do it, just tried it and it works fine:

make the parent menu a placeholder. This option is located under Miscellaneous =>Seperator/Placeholder when you chose to add a new menu item.

Cheers
    Jon

drleper Friend

What menu system are you using? For me a placeholder on suckerfish always links back to my home page, and on transmenu the placeholder doesn’t look like a proper button. :((

drleper Friend

Placeholders do not work correctly with either Suckerfish or Transmenu on JA Polaris. I have just retested and confirmed. Here’s the deal;

TRANSMENU
    The issue is that the placeholder does not look like a proper menu item. See this screenshot.

SUCKERFISH
    The issue is that placeholder items always link back to the home page, which is not the default Joomla behaviour. The proper behaviour is the placeholder is not a link at all (which is how transmenu treats it).

The menu item “BROKEN PLACEHOLDER” above links to my home page site. This is not desirable, you end up with people clicking the placeholders and telling you that you’ve got broken links on your site.

Could I please get a response on these problems?

drleper Friend

Is there any possibility of a resolution on this problem?

drleper Friend

Hello, this is a fairly serious flaw with the template, placeholders don’t work properly!! The lack of response is frustrating :/

cssyeah Moderator

Hi drleper,

You can fix that problems, you need to do, please:

SUCKERFISH MENU

You search and replace this line in the ja_cssmenu.php file of the ja_cssmenu folder:

$txt = '<a href="#" '.$active.' '. $id .'><span>'. $txt .'</span></a>';

by:

$txt = '<a href="#" '.$active.' '. $id .'><span>'. $txt .'</span></a>';

TRANSMENU

You search and replace this line in the ja_transmenu.php file of the ja_transmenu folder:

$txt = '<span class="'. $menuclass .'" '. $id .'>'. $txt .'</span>';

by:

$txt = '<a href="#" class="'. $menuclass .'" '. $id .'>'. $txt .'</a>';

drleper Friend

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I will try this as soon as I can.

perdu Friend

So how do you fix this when you’re not using any of the above but just the joomla menu module?
    Also if you try to add an image to the placeholder it doesn’t work either. Fix needed urgently.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  perdu 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum