Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Is there such a thing as a “reverse affiliate” function/program out there?

Let’s say I want to establish an affiliate relationship with a particular vendor, but this vendor does not have an affiliate program/software established … and does not necessarily want to take the time to set one up. is there anything out there where I can set it up FOR them through MY site – where the referral code will be embedded into linked referrals automatically ??

Just curious if something like this is even possible.

:confused:

lindskog Friend

Interesting concept but how would this benefit you or them?

It would seem the only thing you could do would be to track outgoing links to them to show traffic but without an actual trigger on their part; it would be no way of confirming or easily track actual sales.

–Tone

TomC Moderator

I think you are right. Perhaps the only way to do something remotely within the realm of this – if the vendor doesn’t wish to deal with installing/maintaining affiliate software on their site – is arrange more of a dropshipping relationship.

lindskog Friend

That would turn you into a reseller; per se, and you would most likely have to buy x licenses upfront and making it attractive to any buyers, you would probably need to cut the price.

I think something like that would probably best work in physical goods being sold rather than virtual licenses/software/themes/whatever.

Of course, that’s just IMHO – would love to hear someone elses pov.

–Tone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lindskog 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum