Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to allow registered users access to only a specific image folder in the root image directory? I would like registered users to be able to update their JAWall articles photos without having access to all the other image folders in the image directory.

I have been searching all over for a solution but have not found one yet. Does anyone know what too do?

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You will need to create a new access level in User Manager for each group and then assign rights of each folder to only allow the right group to access that folder.

For example:

– Go to Users > Groups > Create a new group for the appropriate users. Use the appropriate parent group depending on what access level you want them to have (I’d guess that if you want them to be limited to folders you explicitly allow, set them as a child of Registered).

– Then go to Users and place those users in the new group.

– Go to media manager and either create a new folder specifically for them, or edit the permissions of their folder to only allow that group and set what you want them to be able to do.

Hope this is what you need 🙂

joeluvny Friend

Thank you for you detailed reply 🙂 I had already done everything you mention up until the editing the permissions of their folder to only allow that group and set what you want them to be able to do.

How do I edit folder permission within Media Manager?
    I have not been able to find out where to do this in the Media Manager of Joomla back end!

Can yo tell me where to look?

Joseph

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Joseph,

Try to click ‘Options‘ button in the left corner in backend 🙂

joeluvny Friend

Are you talking about the “Option Button” on the “Media Manager” page? Because the option “Option button” is located on the upper right of that page. If you could, would you mind just telling me each of the steps you would take one by one to accomplish what I need?

Sincerely
    Joseph

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Joseph,

Yaa, I meant it, that OPTIONS button locates in the top right corner > PERMISSIONS tab allows you to allocate permissions to the various types of users.

For instance, you may wish to grant:
    – An Editor full permission to up load all types of media
    – An Author only permission to upload images
    – A Registered User no permission to upload any media at all

joeluvny Friend

Thank you for the clarification 🙂
    My problem is that I created a bunch of profiles and I would like some of the registered users to be able to update their profile photos. What I need to figure out is how to only allow a particular registered user the ability to change their profile image without being able to see all the other images in the root image directory.

How do I allow registered users access only to there image folder without being able to see or access anyone else image folders. This seems to be a problem with the JAWall template which I love by the way.

What are your thoughts?

Joseph

Saguaros Moderator

Dear Joseph,

Sorry for the late, with what you want to achieve, pls try to find an extension which supports like that 🙂

joeluvny Friend

Thank you of getting back to me, but do you know off hand of any extensions that does that?

Saguaros Moderator
    joeluvny Friend

Thank you, I will take a look!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joeluvny 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum