Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hi…download and installed the 1.5 template in 1.5 beta…but getting the
    “Restricted access” message…

so it dies straight on line 11, does anyone know whats up??

thx.

casimir Friend

1. To get your old template to work with 1.5, enable legacy mode in the Server tab in Global Configuration.

2. Beware of the Menu Modules parameter settings compared to the default 1.0.x settings.
    In this beta, they are displayed as list and that breaks menus in solarflare for example.
    Change to Vertical or Horizontal when needed.

3. Somehow, the suffix _menu has been added per default to the menu modules parameters. This may be taken off for backward compatibility.

Hung Dinh Friend

Thank you casimir for sharing it here 🙂

FabianFauth Friend

I think You guys should not offer a Template for 1.5 until Joomla! 1.5 is close to stable. It will cause for confusion than doing any right.
    I had the same problems as casimir with the “restricted access”. To enable legacy mode is a workaround but not a solution. Enabling legacy mode lets You install all templates that were written for 1.0, so why call this JA Kruger for 1.5? Only because it has PATemplate tags included? I would call it JA Kruger for 1.5 only when it works in 1.5 without any problems and without having to enable legacy mode….

Hung Dinh Friend

As advised, Joomla 1.5 should be used for testing only. We will have to provide a version that can work with 1.5 since there are lots of concerns if the template can be used when they upgrade to 1.5 the day it is stable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum