Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

I am using ja_magz template and under every page there is this feature where it shows all the recommended articles.

I would like to restrict this to certain sections of the website. Its called “You may also like” but i don’t this it is a module.

Any thoughts on this ?

TomC Moderator

I’m wondering if this is a metadata/tags setting/function within the News module
    (see “Metadata Options” settings within the image below)

(click to enlarge)

Reference Section 2.5 within the JA MAGZ DOCUMENTATION

1. related-news-config
    lg21 Friend

same problem, in the articles do not have any metadata set

phong nam Friend

Hey guys,

The Related feature will automatically display the related articles inside the same category when enabling its option, it is not related to Metadata options here.

Related articles (you may also like) is a global parameter on JA Magz template so that you can not restrict it on specific sections (categories). However, you can still enable this option and using a specific Page class suffix to hide this feature on the pages you want with these steps:

1. Create a custom.css file at templates/ja_magz/css/ path and put below override css styles into:

/*Hide related articles*/
    .no-related .item-page .tpl-inf-wrapper {
    display: none;
    }

.no-related h2.header-related {
    display: none;
    }

2. Enter the text “no-related” to the Page class suffix of menu item backend. Make sure you leave a space before the text.

1. pageclass
    lg21 Friend

Thanks now is perfect

erickpaulino Friend

Worked beautifully for me too. Thank you.

infodsign Friend

Hey Leo Burnetts…

After hoooouursss of searching a solution for this issue, I found yours and it worked just great!!

Thanks a lot man!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  infodsign 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum