Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am using Joomla 1.50 and had a quick install.
    Reading the thread has helped. I’ve implemented many changes but one that caused the site to crash and you know it… it’s the ONE time I didn’t backup the file BEFORE making the change. 😮

I tried retoring the file from the Installation file but that seemed to have made matters worse.
    Any idea what can be done? I pray it doesn’t require a new install. I’ll be optimistic. 🙂

templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php

That’s the file that’s now corrupted/bad. And this is the error:

Warning: require(globals.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php on line 24

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘globals.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php on line 24

Thanks!

Jhazzzzzzzzzi

cgc0202 Friend

Hi Jhazzzzzzzzzi,

<em>@jhazzi 63095 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I am using Joomla 1.50 and had a quick install.
    </blockquote>

I hope you are using Joomla 1.5.3

<em>@jhazzi 63095 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Reading the thread has helped. I’ve implemented many changes but one that caused the site to crash and you know it… it’s the ONE time I didn’t backup the file BEFORE making the change. 😮

I tried retoring the file from the Installation file but that seemed to have made matters worse.
    Any idea what can be done? I pray it doesn’t require a new install. I’ll be optimistic. 🙂

templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php

That’s the file that’s now corrupted/bad. And this is the error:

Warning: require(globals.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php on line 24

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘globals.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/templates/ja_teline_ii/index.php on line 24

Thanks!

Jhazzzzzzzzzi</blockquote>

Did you ask them. how they fixed it?

Cornelio

jhazzi Friend

<em>@cgc0202 63142 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jhazzzzzzzzzi,

I hope you are using Joomla 1.5.3

Did you ask them. how they fixed it?

Cornelio</blockquote>

Hi Cornelio,

Yes, I am using Joomla 1.5.3. Thanks. And Yes, they told me what they did to fix it. I failed to share that, didn’t I? Not intentional, just jubilation and exhaustion.

The support request moved up a tier. It was forwarded to Level II of Tech Support. I asked if they had a restore point as you can do on the PC for their server. Also, in my control panel, I discovered I can back up my root directory at anytime. IF I had done that, I could have restored the file myself.

They went to the previous’ night backup and found the file I had given and replaced it. Here is his email:

“I grabbed that file out of last nights backups and it seems to be about a kb bigger, so hopefully its what you need. Have a good evening.”

Ta daaaa! It worked!

I learned a valuable lesson or two. When tired, stop and rest. ALWAYS backup before making changes and often if not; especially if it’s a feature in the Control Panel. I changed hosts and in learning overdrive mode. Learning J1.5.3, Teline_II and coding. It’s a fantastic ride!

Thanks Cornelio. I slept in and going to mid-day service. So, I’m off!

Regards,
    Jhazzzzzzzzzzi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jhazzi 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum