Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I restored a JA Tiris site with Akeeba Backup. All process it was OK, no errors display and new database is configured perfectly in different host.
    But a few minutes later after successfull restauration, the site is not working as original.

The most important change is JA Slideshow and JA Sidenews dissapear!
    I don’t understand why, because I can see them in backend as activated, in their right position and with all configuration ok, but then, you can’t see in frontend. Does anybody why? Maybe some parameters are missing?

Please help me, I don’t want to create the site from the beginning again…
    Thanks

arkanjie Friend

I also tried to duplicate both modules and republish, or even to create a new ones with same configuration but they don’t appear in website.

Any idea? You can see original site here: elreplicante.com/alg and restored site here albertalagrup.es

arkanjie Friend

Can anybody help me please? I don’t know what to do ..

swissa Friend

Akeeba is usually very good at restoring a site but you do sometimes need to check things. First for me would be to check configuration.php and see if the paths are correct – sometimes it holds the old ones not set new so saving changes on modules doesn’t happen. Also check to see if it is using the new database (don’t post a config file here by the way – way too dangerous)

Check your .htaccess too in case you set something in there that hasn’t been taken over – I have to do this manually for using php 5.3.4 for example.

Third, I would set opitimise css and js to “no” just to check too.

See if that helps any and if not come back 🙂

arkanjie Friend

Thank you Swissa,

It’s very weird, because both servers are in the same hosting, with same configuration.
    I also checked configuration.php and .htaccess and I don’t see anything strange..
    I will become crazy because I don’t understand and I can’t see where is error…

Anyway, thanks a lot for you support!

arkanjie Friend

Well, I finally solved by myself! ^_^

As usual, solution was a little thing you hardly have thought!

Restoration with Akeeba was OK, htaccess and configuration perfect… so what’s happened?

I restaured the website inside a root folder, (/example) and if you go to (domain.com/example) you see restored site perfectly. But then, I changed the route where domain it’s redirect, trying to stablish (domain.com/example) as a root domain. I mean, when you type the domain, the server really loads /example…

I know maybe this topic is not for this section related to JA Templates, but I didn’t know what kind of problem could be.
    So I let the post and replies here for another users asking for Akeeba and JA problems.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  arkanjie 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum