Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m just wondering if there is any way to have a responsive googlemap on my template (I did try on the JA onepage and the JA elastica). I’d like it to resize as my windows does. I’ve tried to put a width of 100% on the plugin but it did not work.

I think it would be really good to have that feature.

Thanks for the plugin anyway. It still does the job.

Fred

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Fred,

Apologies for this late response, somehow I missed this thread. If you still need help, you can follow my suggestion:

– Create a new custom HTML module to display map in frontend.

– In advanced option of this new module > add a class suffix named ‘ map; for example (remember to add a space before class name)

– Add this css rule for this class into css file of template, I assume you use JA Elastica and it should be file: /templates/ja_elastica/css/template.css

/* Map */
    .map .map-container {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    width: 100% !important;
    }

– Clean all cache once done.

Regards

Fred Tep Friend

It’s working like a charm.
    Thanks a lot

Saguaros Moderator

You are welcome :laugh::laugh:

nunoc Friend

Hi,

I am reopening this post because I have a similar question.

On my site I am using multiple maps within several articles and want the maps to be responsive. To achieve this I created the following override based on the code posted in this thread.

.map-container*{max-width:*100%*!important;*width:*100%*!important;}

The override works, the maps become responsive, but the map don´t stay centered when the size change. can you help me with this situation.

I placed an image to better illustrate My question.

1. image-map
    tfosnom Friend

<em>@nunoc 397573 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I am reopening this post because I have a similar question.

On my site I am using multiple maps within several articles and want the maps to be responsive. To achieve this I created the following override based on the code posted in this thread.

The override works, the maps become responsive, but the map don´t stay centered when the size change. can you help me with this situation.

I placed an image to better illustrate My question.</blockquote>

not sure but I’d try to add center to your overide code prolly after the last declaration call?
    .map-container*{max-width:*100%*!important;*width:*100%*!important; center }

or look and see if the template already has a .center declaration present, if so just prefix your overide code with

.center

Blessings Shannon

Saguaros Moderator

Thank you Shannon 🙂
    @nunoc: if possible, you can post your site URL here so that we can have a look and suggest changes.

nunoc Friend

My site is still under development and so offline.

I can send you a pm with the information needed to access the site?

nunoc Friend

Hí tfosnom,

Both your suggestions do not solve the problem.

<em>@tfosnom 397576 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    .map-container*{max-width:*100%*!important;*width:*100%*!important; center }

or look and see if the template already has a .center declaration present, if so just prefix your overide code with

.center

</blockquote>

But thanks for your suggestion.

Saguaros Moderator

<blockquote>I can send you a pm with the information needed to access the site?</blockquote>

Yes, you can send me login info 🙂

woluweb Friend

<em>@nunoc 397573 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I placed an image to better illustrate My question.</blockquote>

Hi Nunoc,

I have just tested Saguaros’ solution and it works fine.
    Now I read your problem : you resize and your map is not centered.
    Well, *if* if have resized your browser, this is normal behaviour : you still have to refresh the page and it should be perfectly centered.
    But so this means that somebody opening your page on, say, a smartphone, will have it centered immediately.
    But resizing your browser is not sufficient to make it center “live” : just refresh and check.

Yours,

Marc

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  woluweb 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum