Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys

First of id like to say that the idea behind this component is absolutely great but i have an issue.

I have the ja_pyro template installed on a client site version 1.0.0 (thats the template version, joomla is 1.5+) and i am trying to you extension manager to upgrade the template to current version. I have selected joomlart as the upgrade services. When i click check for updates i get the following error message:

Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Sorry, this extension is invalid, unpublished or no longer supported
    Please update the service setting or contact with service provider.

Can you please tell me how to fix this problem so that i can update the template.

Cheers guys

uniquebiz Friend

ashby;181887Hi Guys

First of id like to say that the idea behind this component is absolutely great but i have an issue.

I have the ja_pyro template installed on a client site version 1.0.0 (thats the template version, joomla is 1.5+) and i am trying to you extension manager to upgrade the template to current version. I have selected joomlart as the upgrade services. When i click check for updates i get the following error message:

Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Sorry, this extension is invalid, unpublished or no longer supported
    Please update the service setting or contact with service provider.

Can you please tell me how to fix this problem so that i can update the template.

Cheers guys

Hi Ashby
    I’d suggest the service is saying the version of the ja extension manager plugin itself is no longer supported there probably has been an upgrade to the plugin since pyro is also been u/g past v1.0

Download the latest version of the extension and uninstall/reinstall it
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=312
    or dl the latest quickstart and backup site then copy the folders except the installation folder over the site folders it will then overwrite and update and data will be intact
    Blessings Shannon

ashby Friend

I am currently using extension manager 1.5 which is latest. i thought that the idea of this component was to update the template. i.e. if you have version 1.0 pyro nd 1.5 is out you go inter extension manager and simpley click check for update, and update the template. I have uninstalled the component and reinstalled it and still same issue

uniquebiz Friend

ashby;181906I am currently using extension manager 1.5 which is latest. i thought that the idea of this component was to update the template. i.e. if you have version 1.0 pyro nd 1.5 is out you go inter extension manager and simpley click check for update, and update the template. I have uninstalled the component and reinstalled it and still same issue

Yeah I know the idea behind it but in practise I find it largely a waste of time, having to upload to ja repository all the extensions etc you already are using so it can have a basis to compare to is for me a waste of space. It’s easier for me to just grab the latest load of files and manually do it

Mind you have you tested any other template with this extension manager etc to isolate it to only Pyro? Seeing that to date Pyro is the most bug ridden template that’s just been released?
    Blessings Shannon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum