Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve been using this module with Teline II without much difficulty until today, then I posted an article and got the following error on the front page above where the photo should be:

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in server root address/modules/mod_janews/helper.php on line 129

If I refresh the page, the error disappears but the image remains a black rectangle.

I tried to replace the image several times but each time I get a black rectangle.

When the article itself is opened, the image looks fine.

Any thoughts, please?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Thanks, I checked the site and its got something to do with the autogeneration of thumbnails. It is generating thumbnails but not properly.

I have manually replaced the resized image and now you can see the image instead of black box. It should be done automatically. Not yet sure of why the thumbnails are not being generated properly.

Arvind

okulo Friend

Thanks but what should I do?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

okulo;143864Thanks but what should I do?

Wait till someone or JA Developer have a closer look at your issue.

Arvind

okulo Friend

This is a bit odd because I have just created a new article and the image has resized OK.

Is it possible that there could have been a problem with an individual image?

Alf

okulo Friend

A couple of things.

Firstly, I replaced the image with a completely different one (previously, I had just saved the image with new names) and it seems to be working now.

However, I was just trying to figure something else out when I looked in the Module Manager and noticed that one of the modules has a lock icon next to it. When I hover the cursor over it, it says:

Checked out
    joomlart
    Tuesday, 08 September 2009
    12:15

Alf

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear okulo,

The lock icon means that Joomla has locked the item as either someone is working on it or has not been saved properly. Its high time you read about Joomla and Administration. I had to Global checkin to check the settings of that Module as it was locked when i logged in.

Arvind

okulo Friend

For the record, most images appear OK but some which I uploaded a week ago are not being resized when the JA News module moves them to a different area where the size is reduced and the error which I quoted earlier is appearing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  okulo 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum