Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I love your work, but I’d like to know WHEN I will be able to (safely) switch to Joomla 2.5 without hiring someone with php know-how for work-arounds and “patches”. I suggest an official blog entry OR “Joomla Templates Update” section about Joomla 2.5 AND Joomlart position/update-milestones. As I see around forum channels, people DO miss official info on this subject. I guess I’m not the only one.

Thanks for your attention, and keep up the good job.

swissa Friend

<em>@framelk 297341 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’d like to know WHEN I will be able to (safely) switch to Joomla 2.5 without hiring someone with php know-how for work-arounds and “patches”.</blockquote>

Probably when Joomla 2.5.1 comes out and we all know that it is stable. 😀

Until then I think everyone in the Joomla community is still feeling their way. :laugh:

framelk Friend

<em>@swissa 297346 wrote:</em><blockquote>Probably when Joomla 2.5.1 comes out and we all know that it is stable. 😀

Until then I think everyone in the Joomla community is still feeling their way. :laugh:</blockquote>

Ghghgh :laugh: Well… so we will have to wait a 14-21 days in order to find out a concrete milestone 😉

TomC Moderator

<em>@framelk 297378 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ghghgh :laugh: Well… so we will have to wait a 14-21 days in order to find out a concrete milestone ;)</blockquote>
    Patience is a virtue, my friend.

framelk Friend

<em>@TomC 297431 wrote:</em><blockquote>Patience is a virtue, my friend.</blockquote>

🙂 I have two children (3 y.o. and 7 momths old). I’m a PRO! :laugh:

swissa Friend

<em>@framelk 297444 wrote:</em><blockquote>:) I have two children (3 y.o. and 7 momths old). I’m a PRO! :laugh:</blockquote>

And I thought I had enough problems with just 1 (ex) wife!! >:( 😉

Not at a dig at anyone but…..

I see a lot of people asking when templates will be 2.5 ready.

I know we all want the latest, shiniest toys but heh?

2.5 has been out a matter of days, we ALL know that there are always problems with major releases of software (who hasn’t had problems with iOS 4.0 or Lion), the devs have been on holiday, we know they are also working on a new template for Feb and yet we STILL want miracles to happen yesterday.Hallo? :confused:

Here’s a suggestion.

You all take backups right? Come on, you’re sensible developers so you must.

How about copy one of those over to a dev site or localhost and do the upgrade to 2.5. Then you can report any problems not just sit back, moan about when they will be coming and wait for someone to hand it all to you on a plate. Not got the time? You may have to find the time later if no-one else picks it up so why not now?

Get involved. Be part of it. Play, try, check. Report the bad AND the good.

I’ve got nex, tiris, elastica and purity running on 2.5. No problems so far. Sweet.

How about a bit more positive input guys. Give the devs somewhere to focus their efforts, if they are needed, to make our experience better!

TomC Moderator

It is my understanding that there will be an announcement with regard to our plans for J2.5 updates to our JATC Templates at some point this week. Keep an eye on our UPDATES section.

😎

TomC Moderator
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum