Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Reposting this problem, as I have had no answer yet…anyone able to help me? it’s quite urgent!
    Hi,
    how do I change the responsive layout of the default template for ‘medium’ to be the same as for ‘large’?

thanks!

saswiss Developer
    December 8, 2015 at 2:40 pm #766243

Hi again,
    the alternative is, how to set/change the parameters for large/medium in the backend – on my PC (large) the homepage is shown properly, but when I open the site on my laptop, (medium) it looks different?

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In case you using the medium layout you can manage the module positions from the Template options > Layout > responsive layout , in this way you can manage it .

But the as you want to set same width for the medium devices i am afraid it may loose the responsive property as the container width of large display not fit in medium size. The size is defined in the /less/variable.less File
    this doc will help u to change the grid size .
    Hope it helps

scatternoise Friend

Hey saswiss, I noticed in the locked post about the same issue, you were able to get this working. Can you elaborate on how you did it? I’ve tried editing the less file, and then compiling… no matter what I change the px size to, nothing seems to change. Would you mind sharing?

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Scatt. kindly follow the same solution given here

scatternoise Friend

Hey Pankaj, yeah, I found that thread. Thats what I was saying above. I’ve changed the pixels on every break point, and recompiled and nothing seems to be affecting it. Am I not changing the correct thing? My understanding, which is probably wrong, is to change the break point of the of the screen-hd to the size of full screen on my macbook air. So I was using the 768px instead of 1400px. Am I doing that right?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Scatt
    not sure what u want to change , The size is defined in templates/ja_mono/less/variables.less

// Extra small screen / phone
    // Note: Deprecated @screen-xs and @screen-phone as of v3.0.1
    @screen-xs:                  480px;
    @screen-xs-min:              @screen-xs;
    @screen-phone:               @screen-xs-min;

// Small screen / tablet
    // Note: Deprecated @screen-sm and @screen-tablet as of v3.0.1
    @screen-sm:                  768px;
    @screen-sm-min:              @screen-sm;
    @screen-tablet:              @screen-sm-min;

// Medium screen / desktop
    // Note: Deprecated @screen-md and @screen-desktop as of v3.0.1
    @screen-md:                  992px;
    @screen-md-min:              @screen-md;
    @screen-desktop:             @screen-md-min;

// Large screen / wide desktop
    // Note: Deprecated @screen-lg and @screen-lg-desktop as of v3.0.1
    @screen-lg:                  1200px;
    @screen-lg-min:              @screen-lg;
    @screen-lg-desktop:          @screen-lg-min;

@screen-hd:                  1400px;
    @screen-hd-min:              @screen-hd;
    @screen-hd-desktop:          @screen-hd-min;

// So media queries don't overlap when required, provide a maximum
    @screen-xs-max:              (@screen-sm-min - 1);
    @screen-sm-max:              (@screen-md-min - 1);
    @screen-md-max:              (@screen-lg-min - 1);
    @screen-lg-max:                    (@screen-hd-min - 1);

and change my highlight text above.
    Change the size value for different devices in above code , compile Less to css to css changes .
    I am afraid if u want same look of site in small devices it may loose the responsive view of template .

saswiss Friend

thanks, problem solved

scatternoise Friend

saswiss, can you share what you did? I’m still having trouble. All I am trying to do is have the screen-hd format, show up on a screen that can only go 768px wide (my laptop). Then it can condense for any size smaller. I though If I change the breakpoint from 1400px to 768px and recompile it would work, but nothing is changing.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Scatt did u still need help in this case ?
    You need to compile Less to css to see the changes on site . (screen HD refer to size 1400px and above . )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum