Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I would like to replace top-intro’s module position background color with top-title’s background color for the JA Slideshow2 Module.

I’ve tried moving the JA Slideshow2 Module to top-title but it breaks the Title and Description.

First time I’ve ever had to post for help :-[

TomC Moderator

<em>@mrperez 272230 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    First time I’ve ever had to post for help :-[</blockquote>
    No question is silly if you do not know and/or cannot find the answer from searching.

<em>@mrperez 272230 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would like to replace top-intro’s module position background color with top-title’s background color for the JA Slideshow2 Module. I’ve tried moving the JA Slideshow2 Module to top-title but it breaks the Title and Description.</blockquote>
    A little befuddled by exactly which elements you are wanting to “interchange,” as it were.

Can you, perhaps, provide a screenshot mock-up depicting what it is you are wanting to achieve?

mrperez Friend

Here is the screenshot, when i replace the JA Slideshow2 Module to the top-title position it breaks the formatting of the slides title and description. So figured replacing the colors would be the easiest way.

1. 10-2-2011-9-10-54-PM
    TomC Moderator

If you are moving certain modules to different position, you need to make sure you are checking the relative CSS for those positions to make sure that the width/height and other positioning parameters are modified so as to accommodate the particular module – especially for one such as your Slideshow.

Did you check this?

mrperez Friend

Yeah the top-title position adds a special formatting to the text in the slideshow and there for breaks it, so to make this as easy as possible changing the colors would fit my needs perfectly.

Tried looking at the black profile css file that i have selected as my default and all i find is top-intro but not top-title

TomC Moderator

Okay, so now all I need to know is, exactly, which elements you are referring to when you say . .

top-intro’s module position background color with top-title’s background color . . .

mrperez Friend

Looking at the screenshot i want to know where i can find the top-title module position color scheme and copy it to top-intro.

TomC Moderator

<em>@mrperez 272251 wrote:</em><blockquote>Looking at the screenshot i want to know where i can find the top-title module position color scheme and copy it to top-intro.</blockquote>

Okay, I THINK I understand . . .

So, not being able to see your particular site, I can tell you that the image that is used for the background for the “top title” position is called “bg-pattern.jpg” and can be found within the file path templates/ja_blazes/images/bg-pattern.jpg

The CSS for the background/wrap for the slideshow is as follows:

.ja-slide-main-wrap {

• box-shadow: 0 0 3px #232323;
    • -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 3px #232323;

}

If you can share the url for your site – as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager, I can assist with exactly which file/lines are.

OR … you can utilize the same tool I am and give it a shot yourself –> [URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/using-firebug-to-customize-your-site/P.S. – Some additional tools that can help you greatly –> [URL=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/web-development-tool-essentials-design-like-a-pro/

mrperez Friend

<blockquote>I can tell you that the image that is used for the background for the “top title” position is called “bg-pattern.jpg” and can be found within the file path templates/ja_blazes/images/bg-pattern.jpg</blockquote>

Exactly now i need to add that same background to top-intro and replace the static color it has now like in the screenshot. where in the css do i add that pattern image.

I don’t want to change the slideshow modules colors. Currently hosting it local so i can then upload it.

mrperez Friend

In templates/ja_blazes/core/themes/black/css/

Changed This

/* INTRO
    --------------------------------------------------------- */
    #ja-slideshow {
    background-image: none;
    background-color: #434446;
    }

To this

/* INTRO
    --------------------------------------------------------- */
    #ja-slideshow {
    background-image: /templates/ja_blazes/images/bg-pattern.jpg;
    background-color: #434446;
    }

And it now works. I guess i just needed to keep looking at the source and css files.

thanks for your help.

TomC Moderator

<em>@mrperez 272262 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    And it now works. I guess i just needed to keep looking at the source and css files.

thanks for your help.</blockquote>
    Well, it looks like you did it yourself … so CONGRATS !!! 🙂

Yes, reviewing the source and css codes – especially via the use of some of the tools I mentioned above – often yields the results you’re looking for. Keep up the good work !!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum