Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Good afternoon (almost there)

I have replaced the logo on the Bistro template and altered the .css for the logo element.
    However, the right hand side is still hidden, as you can see here:
    http://bistro.canadianbeaconregistry.ca

In the template.css I altered the logo element like this:

/* Logo Image —*/
    h1.logo { width: 1000px; height: 130px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    width: 1000px;
    height: 130px;
    }

Obviously I want the logo to go to the right edge, but for some reason it doesn’t
    Also – I replaced the awning graphic with a blank image, but ideally I would like to remove it so that the content moves up the page.

Thanks all!

Rhonda

TomC Moderator

Hi Rhonda:

First of all – VERY NICE customization of JA Bistro for your own needs !!!

Okay … the first thing I need to ask you is whether your Header section is supposed to be offset to the left of the rest of the main body of your site. I am viewing your site using Firefox 5.0, and it appears as though the entire Header section (with your logo) is offset about 20 or so pixels to the left. Is that how it is supposed to appear – or is THAT actually the issue you are talking about?

As for your logo issue . . . here is a possible solution . . .

h1.logo a {
    width: 900px;
    margin-left: 30px;
    }

Try modifying the CSS above as shown (with the “margin-left” added) and see if you achieve the results you’re looking for.
    (if I am understanding your issue correctly, that is).

If this works and you are satisfied with the results in whichever browser you are viewing it through, be sure to check it in additional browsers as well. A great way to do this is via BROWSERSHOTS.ORG

What is Browsershots?

Browsershots makes screenshots of your web design in different operating systems and browsers. It is a free open-source online web application providing developers a convenient way to test their website’s browser compatibility in one place. When you submit your web address, it will be added to the job queue. A number of distributed computers will open your website in their browser. Then they will make screenshots and upload them to our central dedicated servers for your review.

Hope that helps. If you continue to experience issues, please let me know.

😎

rfairman Friend

That did the trick, its now perfectly aligned. yay!!!:-*
    Also – I used Browsershots about a year ago and I had forgotten about it so thank you again for this suggestion!

<em>@tcraw1010 258800 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Rhonda:

First of all – VERY NICE customization of JA Bistro for your own needs !!!

Okay … the first thing I need to ask you is whether your Header section is supposed to be offset to the left of the rest of the main body of your site. I am viewing your site using Firefox 5.0, and it appears as though the entire Header section (with your logo) is offset about 20 or so pixels to the left. Is that how it is supposed to appear – or is THAT actually the issue you are talking about?

As for your logo issue . . . here is a possible solution . . .

h1.logo a {
    width: 900px;
    margin-left: 30px;
    }

Try modifying the CSS above as shown (with the “margin-left” added) and see if you achieve the results you’re looking for.
    (if I am understanding your issue correctly, that is).

If this works and you are satisfied with the results in whichever browser you are viewing it through, be sure to check it in additional browsers as well. A great way to do this is via BROWSERSHOTS.ORG

Hope that helps. If you continue to experience issues, please let me know.

:cool:</blockquote>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rfairman 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum