Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    i would like to replace the standard “logo.gif” with a swf (flash) logo ex: logo.swf.
    Is it possible? Which modification should I made to have the logo.swf work in Ja Mageia template?
    Thank You for Your time and support.

jbricknell Friend

I would like to get this going on my site as well – i have created a flash movie the same size as the logo file and changed logo.gif to logo.swf in the css file, but am not sure where to go from there.

Does anyone have any pointers to help us out?

mj1256 Friend

upload your .swf file to the images folder in the template folder
    templates/ja_mageia/images/

jbricknell Friend

Thanks for the help mj1256, but I have already done this.The swf file is in the correct images folder, but does not show up. I also have a jpg in the same folder and when I edit the css file to show the jpg file it works fine, but if I change it to show the swf file, there is just a blank white rectangle at the top left.

mj1256 Friend

did you check the folder for each of the colors and default, maybe its still looking in the wrong folder

jbricknell Friend

Thanks again for the help mj1256, but it didn’t make any difference. I have placed the same swf file in the root of the images directory (where I have placed my logo.jpg file, which works when I edit the CSS file to point to logo.jpg) and also in the cyan, orange and red directories. If I change the CSS file to use logo.swf instead of logo.gif or logo.jpg, I still just get a blank white area with no content.

Khanh Le Moderator

Infact, changing logo from image to a flash object is not simple as renaming a file name. Here is the solution:

1. Download swfobject from link: http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/swfobject.zip
    2. Extract the package and copy file swfobject.js to folder templates/ja_mageia/scripts.
    3. Open template index.php, search the current logo code:

<h1 class="logo"><a href="index.php"><?php echo $mosConfig_sitename?></a></h1>

4. Replace with

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $ja_template_path;?>/scripts/swfobject.js"></script>
    <h1 id="logo_container" class="logo">
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //<!]>
    </script>
    <noscript>
    <!-- For browsers without JS support use Flash Satay for fallback -->
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="<?php echo $ja_template_path;?>/images/logo.swf" width="218"
    height="48">
    <param name="movie" value="<?php echo $ja_template_path;?>/images/logo.swf" />
    <div style="width: 218px;
    height: 48px; background-color: #FFFFFF;">
    <a href="http://www.adobe.com/go/gntray_dl_getflashplayer">
    Get Flash player to view this content
    </a>
    </div>
    </object>
    </noscript>
    </h1>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var so = new SWFObject("<?php echo $ja_template_path;?>/images/logo.swf", "logo", "218", "48", "7", "#FFFFFF");
    so.write("logo_container");
    </script>

5. Copy your logo.swf to folder ja_mageia/images
    6. Done

jbricknell Friend

Holy Shit Khanh Le,

That’s hit the nail exactly on the head! I have seen a few folks asking for this kind of fix in this and other threads on the forum – could your last post be made a sticky?

Thanks again!

njonow Friend

If I want a .swf file instead of the header.jpg image, I guess I have to do something similar.. Is there anything like this prepared for exchanging header.jpg?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  njonow 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum