Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi. I intend to replace the background of the Ja_Social with a image. Also I wold like to squeeze the top panel, than a little bit down, because I would like the background to surround everything. Can you pls give me an advice, in order to know where to go and with what to play.
    Than you, Leonard.

aman204 Friend

<em>@leonardcraciun 234327 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi. I intend to replace the background of the Ja_Social with a image. Also I wold like to squeeze the top panel, than a little bit down, because I would like the background to surround everything. Can you pls give me an advice, in order to know where to go and with what to play.
    Than you, Leonard.</blockquote>

To avoid confusion, Can you please provide in screenshot marked with annotations as to how you want it

leonardcraciun Friend

I I have done is replacing the background colour. I just add my img in wamp/www/templates/ja_social/images. Than I change the path coresponding with this image in wamp/www/templates/ja_social/css/template.css. At line 301 is the path
    <blockquote>#ja-container {
    background: url(../images/jabg.jpg) repeat-x left top #d6e4ec;
    padding-bottom: 20px;
    }
    </blockquote>

Now I want to do something like here: http://www.emag.ro ( pls ignore the complexity of this site). What I want to do is to have my background image around top panel. For this I have to squeeze the top panel and in someway to lift the background image up. Can you have pls a look at my site. You’ll easily understand what I want. http://www.yourpresent.co.uk

aman204 Friend

You can replace the background image here, instead::

body#bd {
    background: url(“/templates/ja_social/images/header-bg2.gif“) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    color: #333333;
    }

Please disable css compression in template parameters so as to give in right file and line reference

leonardcraciun Friend

Hi again. I have tried the solution above. Unfortunately does not work in the way I want. that’s why I am back to you in order to ask for a step by step advice, this because I agree, I am not good at all in doing this and I am sure a professional in this domain will sort out my problem in minutes.
    OK, let’s start:
    first I want to replace the background image with this: fundal website 1263 vector ptr 3 coloane.jpg (99.1 KB)
    question 1:
    where shall I place the image?
    where shall I modify the css?
    what code should I use?
    Than I want to remove or squeeze the dark blue “think” marked with red in remove blue.png (316.4 KB) in order my site to look like in removed.png (271.2 KB)
    questions:
    what code shall I use?
    next I want to make the big blue thing transparent as shown in the picture transparent blue.png (316.2 KB), all this because I want the top side of my fundal website 1263 vector ptr 3 coloane.jpg (99.1 KB) to look like in final.jpg shown in the following post.
    questions:
    what code shall I use?
    next I want to be able to change the colour of modify colour.png (299.6 KB)
    questions:
    what code shall I use?
    and finally: from there can I change the colour of the font for the top area of the site from white to black for example.
    Thank you very muck for your time and with your help I am sure this is going to give a good start to my site.

1. fundal-website-1263-vector-ptr-3-coloane
    2. remove-blue
    3. removed
    4. transparent-blue
    5. modify-colour
    leonardcraciun Friend

This is the missing image I was talking about in the above post. thank you for your help.

1. final
    aman204 Friend

You can try make these changes:::

1) Change this::

body#bd {template.css (line 24)
    background: url(“../images/header-bg2.gif”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }

to

body#bd {template.css (line 24)
    background: url(“../images/fundal-website.jpg”) no-repeat scroll 50% 0 #f2f4dc;
    }

Css file reference:: templates/ja_social/css/template.css

Ensure to have in all background properties matched as seen above and have in background-image uploaded to specific directory as given above with same name. (Dont use the image name as given by you as it is giving spaces thus, not retrievable by all browsers)

2) Comment out this::

#ja-container {template.css (line 301)
    background: url(“../images/container-bg.gif”) repeat-x scroll left top #D6E4EC;
    }

like this::

#ja-container {template.css (line 301)
    /*background: url(“../images/container-bg.gif”) repeat-x scroll left top #D6E4EC;*/
    }

You can please do these changes and then, as they are done, Please provide in site url with updates to look further

Cheers 🙂

leonardcraciun Friend

First, thank you for your reply.
    Now, I have done the two modifications you’re suggested me. More than that I have renamed the background image. Is now. ‘fundal.jpg’.
    The fundal.jpg is located to xampp/htdocs/yourpresent/templates/ja_social/images/. But even like that I can not see the result I am expecting. There is a change, because I have no background anymore, but also my background is not there. Maybe you can give me an idea. http://www.yourpresent.co.uk is the url. Thank you in advances once again.

leonardcraciun Friend

Is it important the size of the background? “fundal.jpg” has 1260x1260px…. I really don’t understand why I can not see the background…. Thank you.

leonardcraciun Friend

Hi again. After research I have found the problem. It is a “stupid” one but I am going to tell you in order the others to avoid it:
    The code did not show the changes because I have left in the code the path “(line 301)” and (line 24). after I have change the code in the way you’ve told me and delete the guidance you’ve gave me (line 301) and (line 24), everything went perfect.
    Now, as you can see at http://www.yourpresent.co.uk i have an background.
    I order to go forward to the next step I have colored with red the main area of the site in order to easily arrange the ja-mainav.
    what I want to do with it is to make it smaller ( around let’s say 1100px), in order to fit exactly on the red area, than pull it down ( let’s say 10px) in order to fit exactly on the red area. Can you please give me the code in order to do this and after that I am going to play with the pixels. Thank you very much for your help,
    Leo.

leonardcraciun Friend

I was waiting for an reply. No luck. Maybe all of you are busy.
    In all this time I have tried to find a way of solving my problem. I have made the modifications with Firebug, but after reload the modifications were gone. I was searching again and I’ve heard about CssUpdater. I have installed but I am not able to synchronize my css file with it. I always receive this error:
    12 : 33 PM – Got no connection on ip: 127.0.0.1 port: 1337
    12 : 33 PM – Make sure cssUpdater is running and that you use the same port.
    I’ve searched for more documentation regarding CssUpdater. There is not! Do you have a clue why this CssUpdater does not work.
    I really make it work because I think is going to help me in future, without being forced to ask every day questions and bother you.

thangnn1510 Friend

Hi there!

Because you have posted many questions here so it is hard for us to follow it. Could you kindly post your questions/problem and send your login information Admin/FTP account to your support ticket MJT-728-81146. I’ll check one by one and solve all for you.

Regards!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thangnn1510 12 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum