Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

This is what I’ve been reading: http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/wiki-ja-t3v2-joomla-2-5/customization

Just curious if there’s any current documentation regarding customizing the t3_bs3_blank template to something tailored to each particular project I’m working on. I’ve searched and the documentation I did find is listing files that aren’t in the t3_bs3_blank folders (eg. info.xml, /themes, /theme-variation, etc).

I’d also like to be able to take advantage of the less files, tpl files/folders, etc and I’m not quite sure how to move those over either.

Current folder structure is:
    /templates/t3_bs3_blank

I’d like to change it to:
    /templates/my_project

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I’ve been a long time Gantry user and I’ve made the switch to T3 for my current project, and I must say … T3 is great – very customizable, bootstrap 3 built in (amazing), font awesome 4 … very intuitive, I love it. Kudos to your team.

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>I’d like to change it to:
    /templates/my_project</blockquote>

Yes it is possible to do with the following steps

1) Set as default template any other template from template manager
    2) Remove all assigned pages to the Joomlart template and menu items
    3) Go to this folder languageen-GB and change name to the file

en-GB.tpl_t3_blank.sys.ini
    en-GB.tpl_t3_blank.ini

to

en-GB.tpl_myproject.sys.ini
    en-GB.tpl_myproject.ini

4) Goto this folder templatest3_blank and open file templateDetails.xml and change

<languages folder="languages">
    <language tag="en-GB">en-GB.tpl_t3_blank.ini</language>
    <language tag="en-GB">en-GB.tpl_t3_blank.sys.ini</language>
    </languages>

with your new names.en-GB.tpl_myproject.sys.ini en-GB.tpl_myproject.ini

5) Rename folder templatest3_blank to templatesyourname
    6) Go to Extensions >> Extension Manager >> Discover >> click on Discover button
    7) After your template was found click on install

P.S. First to make these changes take a whole backup of your website with akeeba backup component

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum