Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to rename the ja_rasite template itself something like : “default_grey”

What i did :

-> Renamed folder ja_rasite
    -> renamed JA_RASITE in templateDetails.xml file

what i get after changing?:

JFolder::files: Path is not a folder

Now, can anyone tell me whats the exact procedure to change the template name?

Thanks for your help

Rgds,
    Kino

woonydanny Friend

It is not as simple as just renaming the folder. The path is used throughout the code of the template. Also the name i think is used as well.

It would be very difficult i believe to rename a template

itsnexgen Friend

May be complex.. But this should be always possible to do it..

Saguaros Moderator

Hello guy!

I think that you should rename from ja_rasite to “default_grey” before install this template. because when you installed, Joomla Sys create a new record to allow you manage it in the templates manager.

nick mortensen Friend

The appropriate place to switch the name from JA_Rasite is within the template details XML file.

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <install version=”1.5″ type=”template”>
    <name>JA_Rasite</name>
    <version>1.0</version>
    <creationDate>01/26/2010</creationDate>
    <author>JoomlArt.com</author>
    <authorEmail>webmaster@joomlart.com</authorEmail>
    <authorUrl>http://www.joomlart.com</authorUrl&gt;
    <copyright>J.O.O.M. Solutions Ltd.</copyright>
    <license>JA Commercial</license>
    <description>JA Rasite DESC</description>

The name is controlled by the <name> tag on line 3. I’d probably change what falls between the <description> tag as well- which is found on line 11- to eliminate confusion. As far as I can tell, nothing more needs be done to change the name of the template.

I hope this was helpful. I watched the Lynda.com video entitled “Creating and Editing your own joomla1.5 templates” and that was the information they gave to name a template.

I believe you would then have to re-zip the entire template and install it to get it working as you would like.

zao dao Friend

you should change
    all ja-rasite into your name in
    params.ini

www.8media.com
    www.zaodao.com

cansay Friend

How can I change this after the template is installed :(?

uniquebiz Friend

zaodao;180544you should change
    all ja-rasite into your name in
    params.ini

Strange there are no incidences of the word ja rasite in my (Ja Rasite) params.ini file to change?

Cheers Shannon

zao dao Friend

i am sorry ,it’s in templateDetails.xml
    about line 136
    <param name=”main_layout” type=”filelist” directory=”templates/ja rasite/layouts” stripext=”true” default=”” label=”Default Layout” description=”Default Layout Desc” />
    <param name=”page_layouts” type=”textarea” cols=”50″ rows=”8″ default=”” label=”Page layouts overwrite” description=”Page layouts overwrite desc” />

<param name=”iphone_layout” type=”filelist” directory=”templates/ja rasite/layouts” stripext=”true” default=”” label=”Iphone” description=”Iphone Desc” />

<param name=”other_handheld_layout” type=”filelist” directory=”templates/ja rasite/layouts” stripext=”true” default=”” label=”Other Handheld devices” description=”Other Handheld devices Desc” />

</params>

www.8media.com
    www.zaodao.com

uniquebiz Friend

zaodao;180827i am sorry ,it’s in templateDetails.xml
    about line 136
    <param name=”main_layout” type=”filelist” directory=”templates/ja rasite/layouts” stripext=”true” default=”” label=”Default Layout” description=”Default Layout Desc” />
    <param name=”page_layouts” type=”textarea” cols=”50″ rows=”8″ default=”” label=”Page layouts overwrite” description=”Page layouts overwrite desc” />

<param name=”iphone_layout” type=”filelist” directory=”templates/ja rasite/layouts” stripext=”true” default=”” label=”Iphone” description=”Iphone Desc” />

<param name=”other_handheld_layout” type=”filelist” directory=”templates/ja rasite/layouts” stripext=”true” default=”” label=”Other Handheld devices” description=”Other Handheld devices Desc” />

</params>

😀 No wonder I couldn’t find it then, definately didn’t think to look there !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum