Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I dont know where else I ought to look but I have looked in the global config, the index.php file and at the titles of the Frontpage articles but cant find where to change ‘Welcome to the Frontpage’ that the template outputs on the title bar. Please can someone show me where this is?

kicr Friend

Can you give us a site url?

gstyles Friend

Possibly the parameters in the first published item in main menu (usually home)

salvage Friend

<em>@kicr 45142 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you give us a site url?</blockquote>

Hi, am currently working in localhost with xammp

salvage Friend

<em>@gstyles 45144 wrote:</em><blockquote>Possibly the parameters in the first published item in main menu (usually home)</blockquote>

You are right. It was hidden somewhere in the parameters section to the right.

Thanks a lot

jimg Friend

For future readers: In joomla 1.5:

1) Select Menus | Main Menu
    2) Click on Home
    3) on the right hand parameters list, select “parameters – System.

The Page Title will be visible – by default, it is “Welcome to the Homepage”. Set “Show Page Title” to No, press save, and the Page title will disappear from the page.

Note: Even if you don’t want the title to appear on the page, you may want to change the page title anyway, since the title is used in the “head” section (and good for SEO purposes).

Jim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jimg 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum