Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Well i have finished to make a work and i found interesting eliminating or hiding (because i do not delete any code) from the joomla administration and virtuemart relative of virtuemart and joomla.

the full process:

first step remove the joomla logo and site name in administrator interface:

i went to index.php of joomla administrator then i look for the code that calls the logo of joomla the site name and the joomla version:

find the line 49 near the following code

<span class="version"><?php echo JText::_('Version') ?> <?php echo JVERSION; ?></span><span class="title"><?php echo $this->params->get('showSiteName') ? $mainframe->getCfg( 'sitename' ) : JText::_('Administration'); ?></span></div>
    and replace with this

<span class="version"><?php /* echo JText::_('Version') */?> <?php /*echo JVERSION; */?></span><span class="title"><?php /*echo $this->params->get('showSiteName') ? $mainframe->getCfg( 'sitename' ) : JText::_('Administration'); */?></span></div>
    then look into the folder
    administrator/templates/kepri/css/general.css

and inside of this look the following classes

#border-top.h_green div div
    #border-top.h_teal div div
    #border-top.h_cherry div div

and inside it remove the backgruund url reference, whit this you will eliminate any reference to joomla in your admin(specially good if you do not want that this appear in your works for clients.

secon remove joomla footer of administator:

in the same file index.php inside of adminitrator folder find the following line of code

<p class="copyright">
    <a href="http://www.joomla.org" target="_blank">Joomla!</a>
    <?php echo JText::_('ISFREESOFTWARE') ?>
    </p>

and replace it with this
    <!--p class="copyright">
    <a href="http://www.joomla.org" target="_blank">Joomla!</a>
    <?php /*echo JText::_('ISFREESOFTWARE') */?>
    </p-->

with this the joomla is copyright information free.

now we must remove all references to virtuemart version let’s get find the admin.virtuemart.php
    inside of the following folder admin/components/con_virtuemart/
    and near the line 164 find the following code

if( $vmLayout != 'extended' ) {
    echo '<br style="clear:both;"/><div class="smallgrey" align="center">'
    .$VMVERSION->PRODUCT.' '.$VMVERSION->RELEASE
    .' (<a href="http://virtuemart.net/index2.php?option=com_versions&catid=1&myVersion='.@$VMVERSION->RELEASE.'" onclick="javascript:void window.open(this.href, 'win2', 'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=640,height=580,directories=no,location=no'); return false;" title="'.$VM_LANG->_('VM_VERSIONCHECK_TITLE').'" target="_blank">'.$VM_LANG->_('VM_VERSIONCHECK_NOW').'</a>)</div>';
    }

and replace with this
    /*if( $vmLayout != 'extended' ) {
    echo '<br style="clear:both;"/><div class="smallgrey" align="center">'
    .$VMVERSION->PRODUCT.' '.$VMVERSION->RELEASE
    .' (<a href="http://virtuemart.net/index2.php?option=com_versions&catid=1&myVersion='.@$VMVERSION->RELEASE.'" onclick="javascript:void window.open(this.href, 'win2', 'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=640,height=580,directories=no,location=no'); return false;" title="'.$VM_LANG->_('VM_VERSIONCHECK_TITLE').'" target="_blank">'.$VM_LANG->_('VM_VERSIONCHECK_NOW').'</a>)</div>';
    }*/

then open the file header.php and find the following code
    <h5><?php echo $VM_LANG->_('VM_YOUR_VERSION') ?></h5>
    <a href="http://virtuemart.net/index2.php?option=com_versions&catid=1&myVersion=<?php echo @$VMVERSION->RELEASE ?>" onclick="javascript:void window.open(this.href, 'win2', 'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=640,height=580,directories=no,location=no'); return false;" title="<?php echo $VM_LANG->_('VM_VERSIONCHECK_TITLE') ?>" target="_blank">
    <?php echo $VMVERSION->PRODUCT .' ' . $VMVERSION->RELEASE .' '. $VMVERSION->DEV_STATUS
    ?>
    </a>

and replace with this
    <h5><?php /*echo $VM_LANG->_('VM_YOUR_VERSION') */?></h5>
    <!--a href="http://virtuemart.net/index2.php?option=com_versions&catid=1&myVersion=<?php /*echo @$VMVERSION->RELEASE */?>" onclick="javascript:void window.open(this.href, 'win2', 'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=640,height=580,directories=no,location=no'); return false;" title="<?php /*echo $VM_LANG->_('VM_VERSIONCHECK_TITLE') */?>" target="_blank">
    <?php /*echo $VMVERSION->PRODUCT .' ' . $VMVERSION->RELEASE .' '. $VMVERSION->DEV_STATUS
    */?>
    </a-->

and voila now you have a joomla admin and virtuemar admin with no references of them. enjoy it..

:):):)

Sherlock Friend

great shertmann ! thank you very much ! 😀

shertmann Friend

well this is one of the most common issues that peoples always ask so i decide to put my personal solution in here. hope this works and helos everybody:D

mj1256 Friend

hainn84, maybe it should be posted as a tutorial?

shertmann Friend

well i will like if that happens.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

How about this one:

VM Admin >> Configuration >> Site tab >> Display tab >> Display footer

Turn it off.

John.

shertmann Friend

its not only about the footer its removing a virtuemart references at all

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Sorry,

Wasn’t meaning “it was only about the footer”…just pointing out an obvious area where one could get rid of the most visual sign of VM on a users end. That’s all.

John.

shertmann Friend

yes i iunderstand that but the virtuemart signs that appears in the module must be removed in various places.

shertmann Friend

well in the Gpl there is nothing that says that you must have a link url or logo asociated directly with the source code creator, if you maintain the credits in the source code. that is what says that license. if you can not make modifications as simple as that then is not an GPL/GNU, it will be a propietary so is not open source. many user of GPL/GNU aplications make modifications change the visual aspect but that not violate the license agreement.

well i do not expect that all the thinks i say be acepted by everybody else, in fact i expect the oposite because that is what make one’s to think if you are making the right pace or not.

but if my work makes you think then i can be well served.

sorry if my english is bad but is not my mother language, and sometimes can be a little tricky to put the right ideas in another language.

shertmann Friend

well first of all i was not selling this as mine i clearly stated to my customer and he knows is joomla+vm. is a matter of visual adaptation just that. i know that too much people out there removes this stuff and offers as if they do this from scratch. weel in that case you mention they alter the extension operation, i do not change any operation of the extension so the situation is very diferent. i only change the visual looks for a better look and feel nothing else

shertmann Friend

no comments:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

shertmann Friend

yes indeed you are right. but the e-commercer options for joomla are not so robust as magento(will be a good idea a magento-joomla bridge)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shertmann 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum