Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’d like to remove all the gray area where the position of footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, ….

I’ve already disable all the module associates with those positions but the area is still displaying a blank gray color.

Please see attached image

1. Capture
    pavit Moderator

Hi

You can add in the custom.css file the display none

.t3-footer.container {
    display:none!important;
    }

longvu76 Friend

Thanks for your help. Your method is removed everything in the footer.

However, if you look at the attached image, I’d like to leave the bottom area as is (below the horizontal line where the footer-menu module position is). If we can leave the horizontal line, that would be great. If not, that is okay.

chavan Friend

Add this code to custom.css

#t3-footer .row{
    display:none !important;
    }

#t3-footer .t3-copyright .row{
    display:block !important;
    }

.t3-copyright{
    margin-top:10px !important;
    }

.t3-footer.container{
    padding-top:30px !important;
    }

canadatony Friend

That’s Good!

spoonbow Friend

I had this same issue, but didn’t want to completely disable those areas so used a slightly different approach. In ../templates/ja_biz/tpls/blocks I made a copy of footer.php and named if footer-min.php. I then altered the code and added conditional statements to check for the presence of a module in each div.

WARNINGThe following example works for me, but it might break your site. Make changes to the template files ONLY if you know what you are doing and always, ALWAYS back up your site before making potentially harmful changes!

Original code:

<!-- FOOT NAVIGATION -->
    <div class="row">

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-3 col-sm-12 col-xs-12">
    <div class="footer-info">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('footer-info')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer-info') ?>" style="T3xhtml" />
    <?php endif ?>

<div class="copyright <?php $this->_c('footer') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer') ?>" />
    </div>
    </div>

</div>

Modified code:

<!-- FOOT NAVIGATION -->
    <div class="row">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('footer-info')||$this->countModules('footer')) : ?>
    <div class="col-lg-3 col-md-3 col-sm-12 col-xs-12">
    <div class="footer-info">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('footer-info')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer-info') ?>" style="T3xhtml" />
    <?php endif ?>

<div class="copyright <?php $this->_c('footer') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer') ?>" />
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>

I did the same for each potential “row” of positions, then edited the template to point at the new footer-min block. Now if there is no module assigned to any of the positions in a “row”, then that section is not rendered. If however a module is assigned to any of the positions in that row, the section is processed/displayed as usual. Perhaps something like this could be implemented in the code for the template to address this issue permanently?

Thanks,
    Matt

chavan Friend

@spoonbow

yup, its seems to be correct.

browwwsers cybercafe Friend

It works :):):) thank you all great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  browwwsers cybercafe 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum