Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

How to remove “You are here:” ? disable breadcrumbs module does not work…

I find whoever design this template should make things easier, that is, disabling a module should not display it…going into the code is a HEADACHE!!! especially, those of us who don’t code well.

For instance…I SHOULD NOT have to dig in the code to remove “Latest Reviews” and I SHOULDN’T have to dig in the code to remove the “You are here:” either…these should all be done in the Modules manager.
    I hope it will be redesigned, and the newer templates should follow the same design…no one should have to mess with the codes….

With that being said, where do I go to remove the”You are here:”

Thank you

gray Friend

Open
    /plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/navhelper.php

Remove or comment out row
    <div class=”ja-breadcrums”>
    <strong><?php echo JText::_(‘You are here’)?></strong> <jdoc:include type=”module” name=”breadcrumbs” />
    </div>

The same row is present in
    /plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/handheld/footer.php

kevinvinci Friend

Hi,

To remove the text, you can open the file en-GB.tpl_ja_anion.ini in the folder languageen-GB . On the first line, you can see

YOU ARE HERE=You are here:

You can remove the text by delete “You are here:”, leave the line as

YOU ARE HERE=

You also can edit it to whatever you want.

thungrac221 Friend

did this also…didn’t seem to work….
    <em>@kevinvinci 191109 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

To remove the text, you can open the file en-GB.tpl_ja_anion.ini in the folder languageen-GB . On the first line, you can see

YOU ARE HERE=You are here:

You can remove the text by delete “You are here:”, leave the line as

YOU ARE HERE=

You also can edit it to whatever you want.</blockquote>

thungrac221 Friend

Thanks…I removed them in both files, but it didn’t seem to remove the “You are here:” & Top… are there other places I must remove?

God bless..
    <em>@gray 191092 wrote:</em><blockquote>Open

Remove or comment out row
    <div class=”ja-breadcrums”>
    <strong><?php echo JText::_(‘You are here’)?></strong> <jdoc:include type=”module” name=”breadcrumbs” />
    </div>

The same row is present in
    /plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/handheld/footer.php</blockquote>

kevinvinci Friend

As T3 Framework has cache feature to increase perfomance, so you need clear your browser’s cache to make it happen.

<em>@thungrac221 191112 wrote:</em><blockquote>did this also…didn’t seem to work….</blockquote>

1. 10
    thungrac221 Friend

Thank you, this did remove the text, but the bounding box is still there, also the word “Top” is still there. I tried to remove “Top” in the file en-GB.tpl_ja_anion.ini in the folder languageen-GB, but that obviously didn’t remove it.

So..how do I go about removing the box itself…

Thank you for your help…

<em>@kevinvinci 191119 wrote:</em><blockquote>As T3 Framework has cache feature to increase perfomance, so you need clear your browser’s cache to make it happen.

</blockquote>

gray Friend

The code for “Top” link is stored in the same files:
    /plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/handheld/footer.php

Just remove the div with “Top” code.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gray 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum