Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I want to remove the word “Details” in front of “Written by Toddman”. I was able to remove the time stamp by modding the langue file, but can’t find the file with the word “Detail” in it.

http://www.toddman.info

Phill Moderator

It is found in en-GB.ini at line 227

DESCRIPTION=Description
    DESCUSEVALIDLOGIN=Use a valid username and password to gain access to the Administrator Control Panel.
    DETAILS=Details
    DIRECTORY PERMISSIONS=Directory Permissions
    DISABLE=Disable

toddman Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 219469 wrote:</em><blockquote>It is found in en-GB.ini at line 227</blockquote>
    No Joy! There are several en-GB.ini along with xx-XX.ini & each one has JDETAILS=”Details” at line 60 in the langange, administrator & templates folder.

I used the Quickstarter setup with blank template.

LocaLiceR Friend

It is the best deal to utilize a new feature of Joomla! 1.6: create a language override in such case.
    1. Please create file en-GB.override.ini in /language/overrides
    2. Open this file in your text editor, e.g. in Notepad++
    3. Insert the following line:

COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_INFO=""
    4. Save the file.

Refresh the front-end of your site. “Details” from article info will disappear.

The language key COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_INFO is taken from /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_content.ini, really

It is the best method to replace a default language key with your own one, because in the case of an update you won’t have a headache. Just find the key in a language file, add it to en-GB.override.ini and enter a new value for it.

In the case of a translation, create xx-XX.override.ini in folder /language/overrides, where xx-XX is the language code of the translation language and add the required key and desired value.

toddman Friend

No Joy, it didn’t work. This must be due to the blank template. if I which to Beez2 template it doesn’t show with or without the over ride file in place. also there are 2 places to put the over ride file aministration & language.

sharkvt Friend

./plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_content/featured/default_item.php
    ./plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php
    ./plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_content/article/default.php
    ./plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/html/com_content/archive/default_items.php

Look in those files for the reference to your language files and then you can copy those files to (keep the file structure)…
    ./templates/ja_t3_blank/core/themes/{theme-name}/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php
    or for a custom theme
    ./templates/ja_t3_blank/local/themes/{theme-name}/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

That should get you squared away. Let me know if that works, I havent test it out yet.

sharkvt Friend

Just tested on my site and it worked for me.

Just took out the line with COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_INFO
    <dt class=”article-info-term”><?php echo JText::_(‘COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_INFO’); ?></dt> became
    <dt class=”article-info-term”></dt>

Nguyen Hong Friend

There are two ways:
    1. What’s default language on your site?
    You can do as suggested by LocaLiceR

2. Open file:

componentscom_contentviewsfeaturedtmpldefault_item.php
    to remove line 63:
    [PHP] <dt class=”article-info-term”><?php echo JText::_(‘COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_INFO’); ?></dt>[/PHP]

sharkvt Friend

<em>@hongnt1 219709 wrote:</em><blockquote>There are two ways:

2. Open file:

to remove line 63:
    [PHP] <dt class=”article-info-term”><?php echo JText::_(‘COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_INFO’); ?></dt>[/PHP]</blockquote>

Out of curiosity, why would you recommend hacking the core files of Joomla vs. utilizing the JA T3 template framework?

toddman Friend

<em>@sharkvt 219628 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just tested on my site and it worked for me.</blockquote>
    Thanks, Work for me too 🙂

toddman Friend

<em>@hongnt1 219709 wrote:</em><blockquote>There are two ways:

2. Open file:

to remove line 63:
    [PHP] <dt class=”article-info-term”><?php echo JText::_(‘COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_INFO’); ?></dt>[/PHP]</blockquote>
    Your hack & LocaLiceR’s didn’t work, only sharkvt works!

alot of work just to get rid of 1 word. You think Joomla would would put this in 1 file or under “Options”

thewill Friend

I was trying to remove the whole line. In the article options I turned everything off and it still displays. I am using the T3 JA_TELINE_IV – Default. This is what displays: Details Category: Features Written by Super User Hits: 51
    I could not find a setting in the template. Any ideas?

toddman Friend

<em>@thewill 220175 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was trying to remove the whole line. In the article options I turned everything off and it still displays. I am using the T3 JA_TELINE_IV – Default. This is what displays: Details Category: Features Written by Super User Hits: 51
    I could not find a setting in the template. Any ideas?</blockquote>

I used sharkvt post #6 to fix the problem. Have you tried it yet?

thewill Friend

<em>@toddman 220185 wrote:</em><blockquote>I used sharkvt post #6 to fix the problem. Have you tried it yet?</blockquote>

I was hoping for a simple solution. When I use Joomla in the past the article options were respected. Maybe this is Joomla v1.6 issue. I will look at your solution.

sharkvt Friend

To get details out you’d have to turn off everything or adjust the template as posted. In your case you would have to turn off -Show Category -Show Author and -Show Hits, otherwise you’re stuck with it. As so as you turn on one of those article details items, the word details automatically turns on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  waqarsabir 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum