Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

There is a lot of space between mainnav & the slideshow position. Is there anyway I can remove position 3 from the layout, I extended the navigation spacing to 12, but it moved number 3 onto the next line and while I have it marked as none it still seems to show a large space between the navigation & the slideshow.

http://www.donaghadeecomputerrepairs.com

Thanks, Andrew

TomC Moderator

Here is your CSS culprit . . .

#ja-mainbody {
    margin-top: 120px;
    }

You need to reduce the pixel value of the margin-top property.

Which version of JA Mero are you using – J2.5 or J3.0 (the latest/current) ??

Andrew Carleton Friend

Hi,

Thanks for that, I searched around template.css and a few others but could not find the #ja-mainbody with the 120px.

What location is that file in?

Andrew

TomC Moderator

<em>@andrewbcs 426716 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Thanks for that, I searched around template.css and a few others but could not find the #ja-mainbody with the 120px.

What location is that file in?

Andrew</blockquote>

So that I can tell you the exact location, I’ll need for you to temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “No/Off” within your Template Manager–General settings. Let me know when you’ve done this.

Also, which version of JA Mero are you using – J2.5 or J3.0 (the latest/current) ??

Andrew Carleton Friend

Hi,

Optimize CSS is now set to OFF.

I am using the latest Mero download available for joomla 3.2.3

Thanks, Andrew

TomC Moderator

Here’s the best thing you can do . . .

If you have not already, create a file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_mero/css
    Within that file, paste the following CSS rule:

#ja-mainbody {
    margin-top: 20px;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE-REFRESH PAGE

That should effectuate the change you want – and protect your modification(s) from being overwritten if/when you ever go to update/upgrade your template files.

Otherwise, the CSS file is located within file path –> /templates/ja_mero/css/themes/light/template-responsive.css . . . at line 1493

For more info on using custom.css –> SEE HERE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum