Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi guys the date and time is fixed on the site, i would like to remove and relocate the date and time from the top.

Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

christofferl Friend

I have the samt problem with the time.
    It is set to 12:24.00 … and it will never change :confused:
    Someone .. any ideas?

See also:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/am-gmt/

1. time_fixed
    christofferl Friend

In order to find a quck bug fix for this static time problem, I just wanted to inform that on the Joomlart demo site for Teline IV one can see the same error … I think.

Have a look at the green area in the attached image.

– Joomlart’s demo website is showing 01:24:00
    – My static time on my website using Teline IV is showing 12:24:00

1. ja_11a
    kayz Friend

<em>@christofferl 216034 wrote:</em><blockquote>In order to find a quck bug fix for this static time problem, I just wanted to inform that on the Joomlart demo site for Teline IV one can see the same error … I think.

Have a look at the green area in the attached image.

– Joomlart’s demo website is showing 01:24:00
    – My static time on my website using Teline IV is showing 12:24:00</blockquote>

I think the time varies server to server as well as your joomla time settings.

My problem is not with the time, i want to move the time block entirely to another position.

If somebody can shed some light.

Cheers

christofferl Friend

This would of course also be valuable to know. 🙂

However, my greatest concern is to get the update functionality working as it should first :((

kayz Friend

<em>@christofferl 216100 wrote:</em><blockquote>This would of course also be valuable to know. 🙂

However, my greatest concern is to get the update functionality working as it should first :((</blockquote>

In that case you should make your own thread requesting for support for the issue you have.

This thread is titled “Remove or Reposition Date and Time from the top?” as i believe that would be addressed first. 🙂

I hope thats clear to you.

aman204 Friend

<blockquote>Hi guys the date and time is fixed on the site, i would like to remove and relocate the date and time from the top.</blockquote>

Hi Kayz,

To avoid confusion, Can you please provide in screenshot marked with annotations of area you wish to have it re-located

kayz Friend

<em>@aman204 216403 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Kayz,

To avoid confusion, Can you please provide in screenshot marked with annotations of area you wish to have it re-located</blockquote>

Im not sure where i would put it yet, but can you show me where the date and time source code is so i can move it later on?

Thank you.

thangnn1510 Friend

<em>@kayz 216446 wrote:</em><blockquote>Im not sure where i would put it yet, but can you show me where the date and time source code is so i can move it later on?

Thank you.</blockquote>

Dear kayz!

The file is located in “templatesja_teline_ivblockstoolbar.php”. And its display is set in admin when you edit the layout for the template:

<block name="topbar" type="topbar"></block>
    Regards!

stinger2010 Friend

There is no codes: <block name=”topbar” type=”topbar”></block> in templatesja_teline_ivblockstoolbar.php. Instead, i have found it in /templates/ja_teline_iv/core/etc/layouts/default.xml. Is it enough to delete this line (<block name=”topbar” type=”topbar”></block>) from previous XML file to delete top bar?

aman204 Friend

<em>@stinger2010 217749 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is no codes: <block name=”topbar” type=”topbar”></block> in templatesja_teline_ivblockstoolbar.php. Instead, i have found it in /templates/ja_teline_iv/core/etc/layouts/default.xml. Is it enough to delete this line (<block name=”topbar” type=”topbar”></block>) from previous XML file to delete top bar?</blockquote>

Please check as the code can be seen in this file::

templates/ja_teline_iv/blocks/topbar.php

kayz Friend

Briefly can you tell me how we can reposition it?

Anyway of making it into a module so i can move it around and not fixed?

aman204 Friend

<em>@kayz 218020 wrote:</em><blockquote>Briefly can you tell me how we can reposition it?

Anyway of making it into a module so i can move it around and not fixed?</blockquote>

Sorry but You would need to let us know mainly where you wish to have it placed to give in descriptive solution 🙂

Converting it into module would require various customizations and probably, not so easy

Cheers

stinger2010 Friend

<em>@aman204 217901 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please check as the code can be seen in this file::

templates/ja_teline_iv/blocks/topbar.php</blockquote>

Once again i have checked, and didnt faund this code in topbar.php.
    Is it enough to delete this line (<block name=”topbar” type=”topbar”></block>) from XML file /templates/ja_teline_iv/core/etc/layouts/default.xml to delete top bar?
    Yes, i have upgraded JA TELINE 4 to latest version.
    Thanks.

aman204 Friend

<blockquote>Is it enough to delete this line (<block name=”topbar” type=”topbar”></block>) from XML file /templates/ja_teline_iv/core/etc/layouts/default.xml to delete top bar?</blockquote>

You can do it this way or in more simpler way, Change this::

#ja-topbar {template.css (line 656)
    height: 26px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 11;
    }

to

#ja-topbar {template.css (line 656)
    height: 26px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 11;
    display:none;
    }

and then, if you wish to have the top bar to be displayed again, You can simply remove display property 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  aman204 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum