Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I would like to continue using the article categories part of the mitius template but without the mod-view function that allows users to change the orientation between horizontal and vertical. I am currently working to reduce the number of requests the page is submitting on load and this function is loading 2 images per article.

I have removed the mod-view code from the module class suffix but this only seems to move the icons for mod view to the top right of the page. All of the images are still being loaded according to a review of page GET requests.

I would like to remove this function entirely so that only the vertical orientation loads with the same styling as is used on the features selection of alternative layout and without the additional images.

Thanks in advance.

Hayden A Friend

@ deveshi,

Following steps should help to remove mode view:

1.First, you need backup site of you. Then download this file , extract and copy file features.php into …templatesja_mitiushtmlmod_articles_categoryfeatures.php path.

2. You need to add some style for them if they do not look beautiful.
    – Create a new css file named: custom.css in templatesja_mitiuscss directory
    – Add below CSS code to this custom.css file:

<blockquote>.mod-views {
    margin-left: 0 !important;
    margin-right: 0;
    }

.vertical-layout .showcategory {
    padding-left: 0;
    min-height: 0;
    }</blockquote>

Let me know how it goes.

1. features.rar
    deveshi Friend

Hi there,

I must apologize as I mustn’t have been descriptive enough in my OP.

The edit you have provided has worked perfectly with removing the images from the news feed but I only wanted to remove the full article images for the horizontal orientation and the function that allows the users to switch between horizontal and vertical orientations.

I would still like to keep the article intro images that appear in the vertical orientation.

The end product should look exactly the same as you have on the Mitius template on page load with articles displaying in the vertical orientation and with an intro image. But there should be no option to change this view and the full article images that would have displayed in the horizontal orientation should not load ‘behind the scenes’.

Sorry for the confusion and I hope this helps to clear things up.

Hayden A Friend

@ deveshi
    Following steps should help to clear things up :
    – You need to backup your site first.
    – Then download this file , extract and copy file features.php into …templatesja_mitiushtmlmod_articles_category features.php path.
    – You need to remove some line in file templatesja_mitiuscsscustom.css
    [PHP].mod-views {
    margin-left: 0 !important;
    margin-right: 0;
    }

.vertical-layout .showcategory {
    padding-left: 0;
    min-height: 0;
    }[/PHP]

Let me know how it goes.

1. features.rar
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hayden A 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum