Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Please help with instructions on removing the meta description from the JA masshead module. I am using the Nuevo template.

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    JA Masthead module does not show Meta description . Its from the Menu options > Meta data .
    Kindly check it again . If you have any doubts please post complete description of issue with site url and screenshot . So i can take a closer look in it .

digitaldude Friend

Hi Pankaj

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware that the description displayed is taken from the meta description in the menu item. I just do not want it to display on the front end.

Please see attached screenshots.

Link to site:
    http://www.framelessglassco.co.za/products/glass-partitioning

1. masshead1
    2. masshead2
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its not Meta description . Its JA Masshead description .
    Go to module manager open JA Masshead module and edit the description for the Menu as per need .
    Here is documentation : https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-nuevo-template/extension-configuration#ja-masshead

timtecsa Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Tim
    could you give me information how you replicated this issue .I published masthead module on some pages but its not showing the description . Or you can give me site temp. super user details , i will check this bug directly on your site .

timtecsa Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Tim , maybe i missed some info on it . Let me check it and get back to you with details on this matter .
    thanks for your info and patience on this matter .

timtecsa Friend

See meta description in About article in screenshot.

1. about-meta
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi I replicated the this and noticed there is bug in in product . I sent this bug report to JA Development team for further investigation and fix this issue . Thanks in advance for your patience in this matter .
    UPDATE :
    Hi
    i consult the matter with development team and its not bug ,, its a feature in the template to use the article description when its a single article menu type .
    When there is no description added in the JA Masshead module it pick the article Meta description .
    If you want to hide the description add below code in custom.css file
    .com_content.view-article .jamasshead .jamasshead-description { display: none; }

Hope it helps .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum